"When will Attayya and Mavayya come back?" I asked Ammamma.

"I told them to come directly to your home. I guess they would come after lunch," said Ammamma.

"Okay. Avi, play some songs; I'm getting bored," I said, looking at him.

It would take an hour to reach my maternal home if the traffic was less.

"Okay," he said, switching on the music player.

I leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes as the songs started playing. He was playing the songs of our favourite artist. I got immersed in the soothing voice of the singer. Music always works like magic on my soul. I was enjoying the music when I heard a crow's voice in the middle. I shook my head in disbelief. Couldn't she sit calmly for a while?

"Hey! Who listens to these slow songs? And they are damn boring. I never knew your taste was this bad, Maya. Baby, can you just change the playlist?"

Before I could answer her, Avi said, "What's wrong with listening to these songs? I prefer slow and melodic songs to the fast beat."

"Even I love slow and melodic songs, baby. See how perfectly our tastes are matched?" she said, smiling like a clown.

"A few minutes ago, you were saying my taste was bad. You said you liked them as soon as Avi told you he liked slow music and that your tastes were similar. Weird, who does change one's taste just because of the opposite person? And can't you just shut your mouth and sit quietly for a while?" I grumbled.

I just shook my head at her. She is just like a chameleon, who changes colours according to the situation. Leaning back, I closed my eyes. This girl was making me tired with her stupid behavior. After some time, I woke up and looked at the surroundings. I was in my room, on my bed. Why didn't they wake me up? I sighed at their overprotective behaviour towards me. I got freshened up and moved towards the balcony. I saw Avi, Veeru Bava, and Arjun Anna talking.

I moved toward them and sat beside Arjun Anna and asked them, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Playing cricket. Will you join us?" He said, pulling my hair.

This guy will never change.

"Ouch. You idiot. Why do you always pull my hair?" I asked, pinching his hand.

"You little devil. It's hurting me, idiot," He said, rubbing his hand.

"It's good then," I said, showing my tongue to him.

"Oh god! Grow up, man. Why do you always fight with her?" said Avi.

"Of course, you'll always support your wife. Did you support me at least once since we were kids?" He said, rubbing his fake tears.

There he started his drama again. I missed us—just the three of us. I still remember how these two used to protect me, make me laugh, and pamper me.

"Of course, he is my husband, so he will support me. And where is that mad girl?" I said, grinning.

"She is down with everyone. She is eating everyone's brains there. So we escaped from there. And what the hell is she doing here?" Veeru Bava said, scowling.

"Why did you bring that fevicol with you?" He said, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Wait a minute, do you know her before?" I asked him.

"Yeah! If you forgot, I completed my studies by staying at Atta's home. And can't you stop her from coming here?" said Anna.

"By saying what?" I asked, raising her eyebrow.