Chapter Two

Isabella Romano POV-

*insert water dripping sound here*

A yawn escaped my mouth as I attempted to sit up straight on my 'bed.' Pain shot up my stomach, I shut my eyes closed tightly hoping the pain would l surpass soon. Taking a deep breath, my eyes slowly opened, and darted towards a newly found dripping pipe.

Sighing, I stood up, while holding my abdomen and limped over to where I kept my pain-killers. After taking them with some water I had remaining. I quickly got dressed and walked upstairs, to see if the devil aka my mother had left to go hang out with her friends yet.

Bella's outfit-

Quickly looking around for her, I silently thanked God, noticing she had already left

Quickly looking around for her, I silently thanked God, noticing she had already left. Making my way to the kitchen. I cursed my mother as I saw the only thing we had left was canned corn. I mean it's not that bad' but seriously?

I sat on the kitchen island, and ate my corn in peace when all of a sudden I heard a knock on the front door.

"Shit." I said in a barely audible whisper. Praying it wasn't more of her friends, I walked towards the opening to the outside world.

"Police, open up" a female voice said, as I stood on the other side of the door, with a million thoughts running through my head; 'What did she do this time?' 'Did she get arrested?' 'Did her friends do something?' the voice in my head says all at once.

"Are you Isabella Romano, darling?" an older policeman asked me, standing with a book in his hands.

"Y- yes, that's me," I answered, still being shaken up by the police being at my door, "Is everything alright?" I questioned.

"Your mother is Katrina Robins right? Oh and do you know two guys named Jim Baker and Bob Thomson?" the woman asked this time.

"Yes, she my mother and those guys are her friends," I answered. 'She's not my mother, her words not mine, and those guys are the infamous pot-belly pervs,' I thought.

"I'm so sorry to tell you this.." the female officer started,

"All three of them died today in a car accident, they were drunk driving and crashed into a semintruck, killing them instantly from the impact." the male officer continued.

"Am I going to go into foster care now?" I questioned while having a celebration party in my head, since the three people who made my life hell, were now in actual frickin hell.

"No, your brother is gonna take you in," she said. Wait, wait, wait.. brother? Besides being told that I was a mistake and a slut, I was also told that I was an only child my entire life.

"Umm, I don't have a brother, I'm an only child, I've been told that my whole life." I said.

"Well according to your records, you have brothers, the oldest one is gonna have custody of you, his name is Alessandro Romano. He also has custody of your other brothers, since your dad is dead too."

"Oh....umm okay then," I said, trying to find words and trying to process that I have not one brother but multiple.

"Love, can you go pack up your belongings really quick? We have to take you to the station so your brother can pick you up." the policeman asked, I quickly nodded and jogged inside to pack my small amount of possessions in my backpack that I bought myself last year with the money I saved up.

Bella's Backpack-

*five minutes later* - (says it like how it's said in SpongeBob)

I walk back outside to meet the police officers once more and they lead me to their car. As I sit, I turn around one last time so I can wave goodbye to the house where I basically grew up, that place is where all my worst memories took place; all the beating, punches and most importantly when Jim and Bob would touch me. Just thinking about that gives me shivers.

I stared out the tinted window as the car began to move, reflecting on my life, 'Would my brothers treat me better?' I questioned myself, 'Would they be better than her?'

"Isabella, c'mon," the officers said at the same time, bringing me out of daze. I took up my bag and followed them out of the car, into the station. They led me to a room with a bunch of chairs so motioned for me to sit. The male officer left the room, leaving me with the female one.

We both sat in comfortable silence and less than ten minutes later the other officer came back into the room, followed by a tall guy in a suit. He had a dangerous aura surrounding him.

"Isabella, this is your brother, Alessandro Romano" he said, walking closer towards me.

"We'll give you too a minute," said the policewoman, They both left the room, closing the steel door behind them, giving us some privacy. Alessandro was the first to break the silence.

"You've grown so much, since I've last seen you la mia piccola farfalla (my little butterfly), you're gorgeous," he said with a soft smile. I'm not gonna lie, that made me smile too.

"C'mon let's go home," he said, leading me to the door. I quickly followed him and once we got outside I got my first shock of the day. There was a Lamborghini Urus waiting for us. 'How rich were these people, God damn' I thought to myself.