Favourite Fantasy

Luka didn't stay the night. But Peter didn't care. He was on cloud fucking nine. When she left, she made him promise that he would text her, after fiddling on his phone and assuring him that Stark couldn't track it anymore, and he fulfilled that promise exactly five minutes later, earning back a 'Goodnight little puppy ;)' text to fall asleep too.

Over the next week, he texted her more as he felt more human in himself. He peppered his apologies amongst their conversation, and discovered he was also getting better at the more intimate interactions too. She came over a couple of times that week, sneaking through security cameras as usual, he got better at lasting longer with her mouth on him, knowing when his fingers hit the right place to tip her over the edge, asking what she wants him to do.

He also got better at explaining his insecurities. Not all at once, but over a few texts, a few conversations, he would open up a little more. He was sure she got most of it from Bucky, but she thanked him for telling her anyway. He felt like things were possible again. He knew she liked him, she hadn't slept with Bucky, she was smart enough to remove Stark's tracking systems. It felt like it did at the beginning. Exciting, new, hopeful.

Peter finally got to a point where he was itching for more. Each of their trysts ended spectacularly, but prematurely. He wasn't sure if it was because she was the first girl to ever do the things she was doing, or whether he was always too excited, but he always felt guilty when things ended and she didn't seem as worn out as him. It felt unfair.

When the week was over, the team came back from their mission. And Peter had a plan. Apologise to Mr Barnes, ask Mr Stark to start training properly again. He felt ready now, ready for a lot of things. He just had to bite the bullet and do it step by step.

Peter waited in his room for two hours after the team was back, before heading to Mr Barnes' room. He didn't want to ambush him straight away, but he also couldn't wait any longer.

He jogged down to Mr Barnes' room and knocked loudly on the door, biting his lip as he shifted his weight from foot to foot. The door finally swung open and Peter had a vivid flashback of the last time he was on this side of Mr Barnes' door.

Bucky was standing there in joggers and a long sleeved top, staring down at him with his usual glare.

"Parker." He grumbled.

"Hi, hi Mr Barnes." Peter gulped as he spoke. "I wanted to come an-and..." Peter breathed in. He had grown a lot this last week, he could do this. "I wanted to come and apologise." He said slowly. his chest puffed up with some confidence when he realised he didn't stutter any part of the sentence. Bucky's eyebrows twitched up slightly.

"You came to apologise?" Bucky repeated. Peter nodded quickly. "For what?"

"For...for..." Peter felt his face go hot with embarrassment as he looked at the floor. "For shouting at you."

Bucky hummed, and folded his arms over his chest, not taking his stifling glare off of Peter's face.

"Me and..." Peter looked up and down the corridor briefly before continuing. "Luka," he whispered. "Are okay. Back to..uh...talking and stuff. I assume she's already told you most of it, but I just wanted to come and...say sorry, and thanks. In person, I guess."

Bucky nodded, then stepped to the side of his doorway. Peter realised it was an invitation into his room. He quickly stepped through, shuffling in the middle of his room as he watched the supersoldier close the door.

"You and Luka are okay?" Bucky asked him.

"Uh..yeah. Yeah we're uh..." Peter smiled shyly, remembering last night with her. "We're good."