Priceless Advice

What actually happened for the next 4 days, was that Peter tried really hard to ask Mr Barnes, and then every time he saw him, he panicked and ran back to his room.

Mr Barnes was a big guy.

So here he was, four days after he and Luka had kissed, with no real knowledge of what to do next. He hadn't seen her, or heard from her, and he wondered if she was going through the same as he was.

On the evening of the fourth day, after MJ's tenth text that simply said 'Suck it up', he was laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling, pondering how his life had reached this point.

He was fucking Spiderman. He should be able to kiss someone and not have the rest of his life grind to a halt. Liz and her dad had really done a number on him.

He picked up his phone. Then flung it back down onto the bed.

"FRIDAY?" He asked the empty air.

"Yes, Peter?" Came the smooth, barely robotic voice of the compound.

"Where is Mr Barnes?" He asked, chewing his lip. He figured FRIDAY would be sick of him asking this question five times a day, but if he didn't keep asking, he would never find out if he was ready to speak to him.

"Mr Barnes is in his bedroom, but he is awake." Came the reply. Peter frowned. Why was that important? He turned to look at the clock on the wall.

Oh, it was 3am.

He ran his hands over his face, breathing in deeply.

3am meant there was less chance of people interrupting. 3am meant if he got uncomfortable, he could run away and claim he was tired. 3am meant he wouldn't run into anyone in the hallway.

Ten seconds later, he found himself outside Bucky's door. Staring at it. He raised his fist. And stared a bit more.

"Come on Peter." He muttered to himself. "He's just a guy. You're freaking Spiderman." He nodded as he pep-talked himself.

He knocked three times on the door, his feet shifting as he waited. There was silence. He knocked again, another three times. Maybe they were asleep? Then again, they don't really sleep that well. Maybe he was out training? He'd recently become aware that Bucky went in and out at all weird hours for runs and-

Peter squeaked as he was pulled out of his thoughts to the sound of the door opening. They stood on the other side, glaring down at him, wearing sweatpants, arms folded across their chest making Peter realise just how muscly and strong they were. His eyes automatically shifted to the left shoulder. They could snap his spine in two, easily.

Peter gulped.

"Yeah?" He said, his voice deep and intimidating.

"I...i'm sorry, about...i -interrupting...sir...I was a w-wondering if... "

"Don't call me sir." Peter blushed and nodded, out of fear and embarrassment more than anything.

"Sorry..."

"Is this about Luka?" Peter nodded again, and Bucky stepped to the side gesturing to the room.

"Th-thanks...Mr Barnes." He said nothing, but rolled his eyes and walked into the room, leaving the door open. Peter stepped into the room, and closed the door behind him, but didn't move any further. He watched Bucky sit on the bed, lying back, one leg out stretched and one foot up so his knee was bent. He threw his arms behind his head and stared at the boy.

"What do you want?" Bucky asked after a few seconds of silence.

"I...wanted some advice." Peter muttered, looking down at his hands and fiddling with his fingertips.