Chapter 8 - It's You

Just to clarify, Bellatrix didn't pass her owls for a few years because she had help her and her sisters to survive without their parents as after Bellatrix sent them a letter Andy and Bella both got disowned too.

~°Narcissa°~

'It's you.'

Those two words had replayed themselves through her head way too many times to count in the past week. Narcissa hadn't even run into her once to tall about it, she was doing a way better job at avoiding her this time around.

Narcissa didn't know what to do, she felt as though the whole situation was just confusing. How could her best friend have a crush on her? It didn't make sense. But the main question was, what was she going to do about it? She didn't want to lose the closest friend she had ever had, apart from her sisters, but she just didn't know what to feel. So she did the one thing that she could do, she wrote about everything in her diary.

She wrote her worries, how she was confused, not just about her best friend liking her, how maybe she might like her back but she didn't know. She needed the one person who could have helped her figure it out, and that one person was the furthest from reach. 

****

As the day came to a close, Narcissa realised that Iraya hadn't returned to the dorm. Normally, she would have gone to find her, but now, well, now, everything had changed. So the young girl attempted to go to sleep.

**** 
~°Iraya°~

It was late at night by now and Iraya was wandering the castle trying to distract herself from her tears. She had made her way to the other side of the castle by now and found herself near the entrance to the kitchens which were by the Hufflepuff Common Room.

The young girl decided to go and visit the House Elves who had been extremely welcoming and kind when she had stumbled into the place in her first year. However, when she entered the kitchen, she noticed she wasn't the only one there (apart from the House elves).

"Hey." Iraya didn't know what else to say, she hadn't expected the young boy to be here, especially not this late. "I'm Iraya, it's Remus right?"

"Yeah, that's me."

"I'm sorry, I didn't expect anyone to be down here this late."

"It's fine, I don't usually come down here but I got a bit peckish."

"That's fair enough, I come down here quite often to see some friends, Winky is usually here but they aren't today."

"That's sweet."

"Thanks."

"You know I'm friends with Narcissa's cousin Sirius right?"

"Yeah..."

"I was just wondering what was going on between you two. Sorry if you don't want to answer, I don't want you to feel you have to but I was just curious."

"It's fine, it would be nice to talk to someone about the situation though but you can't tell anyone else, alright?"

"Of course not, I won't even tell the other three."

"Thank you."

So she told him, she told him everything that had happened, all her feelings, everything.

But somehow in the end they were making out against the wall.

It was only a soft kiss but it took both of their minds off of everything that was going on in their lives.

But then it ended, as quickly as it started, and Iraya just smiled and left. It may have been the first time the two kissed but it definitely was not the last.

****

Time skip

It had been about a months worth of stolen kisses in the broom cupboard or in the Astronomy Tower after dark before the whole fling ended.

It was the full moon and Remus had told Iraya that he had something he needed to do, so she kissed him goodbye.

But this time wasn't one of their uninterrupted make-out sessions.
No.
This time they were caught.
By none other,
Than,
Narcissa.

~°Narcissa°~

She had been just about to go back to her dorm when she saw her ex-bestfriend. But she wasn't alone, she was with one of Sirius' friends, the one with the scars that she never knew the reason for.

She watched the two walk towards the portrait before Iraya did something Narcissa never would have believed had she not seen it with her own eyes.

Iraya pulled him in,
and kissed him,
on the lips,
a proper kiss.

It was just like the ones Narcissa had imagined them sharing throughout the month that they had ignored the other's existence.

But then Iraya turned around and their eyes met just as the young boy escaped through the portrait hole.

"I'm sorry."

At first Narcissa was confused, was she apologising for the kiss? It's not like they were a couple.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you and not telling you about the fling I was having. I'm sorry for telling you that I liked you and ruining our entire friendship. I'm so so sorry."

And then she started crying as she pulled the brunette in for a hug, although now her hair had blonde underneath as she had dyed it in attempt to keep her mind off things.

Iraya continued, "At first it was just a thing that took my mind off everything, but then it just grew and we agreed not to tell anyone, not even your cousin and their other two friends know."

"It's fine, I was just confused is all."

"Oh, okay then."

☆°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°☆

Authors note:

Thanks for reading this chapter, I wanted to bring something else into it so I did, don't worry the story doesn't end here!

Word Count: 953

Total Word Count: 8975