Chapter 7 - A Shock

~°Iraya°~

Iraya woke up to quite the shock. She must have fell asleep at some point in the night and it took a bit of time for her eyes to adjust and for her to notice that she was holding a now still Narcissa.

She recalled the events of the night before and looked at her friend feeling guilty.

She had come to terms with the fact that she liked her during the night before she had fallen asleep, she had looked so peaceful even after having just gone through a break up.

Iraya had read the letter after Narcissa had passed it to her to explain her sudden outburst of tears. And she felt sorry for her friend but also a spark of hope, which had her feeling extremely guilty as Narcissa cuddled closer to her.

****
~°Narcissa°~

In the morning, Narcissa woke up feeling warm. She could feel that her face was wet and when she moved to try and dry it, she realised she wasn't alone.

"Ray?"

"Hey Cissy."

And then it all came rushing back to her, Ralph had actually broken up with her, it hadn't been just a terrible nightmare. It was real.

She wanted to cry again but she felt as though she had run out of tears.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have cornered you like that."

"It's fine, I should've told you what was bothering me."

"Do you want to talk about it now?"

"I-" Iraya started to speak but was cut off.

"You don't have to!" Narcissa quickly rushed to say.

"No, it's okay, I won't tell you all of it just yet but i still want to tell you sort of the problem, you'll probably work out the rest anyway."

Narcissa just nodded, encouraging her to continue.

"Well, I might as well just say it. I'm bi."

Narcissa sat in shock for a second before wrapping her arms around her best friend.

"I'm so proud of you! How long have you known."

"Since I started liking-" She covered her mouth before she said anything more.

"Is that the other part of the secret?"

Iraya nodded whilst blushing profusely.

"Okay, may I know who it is?"

"I- uh, I'll tell you in the evening, gives me time to prepare myself."

"Okay! I'm assuming you like a girl then?"

"Yeah."

"Well come on, we need to go and have breakfast and then classes start at 9."

"Alright." Iraya replied, and with that the two girls walked to the Great Hall together for breakfast.

****

The day continued as normal, the girls went to their classes. They returned to being partners in the ones they had together, like potions and everything seemed to be back to normal.

Narcissa had spoken to her sisters after getting Iraya's permission and had filled them in on the whole situation. They had their suspicions and were just questioning how blind their younger sister could be.

"This girl is obviously crushing on her and she doesn't even realise it!" Bellatrix exclaimed.

"Says you, you have Rodulphus chasing after you for the best part of two years before you realised he liked you and asked him out!"

"I thought we promised not to mention that!" Bella complained.

"Oh well, it's not like your still together any more.

"No, but that's because someone else caught my eye, that's not my fault."

"No, but it is your fault that I don't know who this mystery person is."

"Oh well."

"Oh come on! Tell me!"

"Fine, she's-"

"She? That's so cool!" She caught the glare on her sister's face, "Sorry, anyways, you were telling me."

"I'm not going to tell you any more."

"Ugh, you're so stubborn sometimes."

Bellatrix just laughed.

****
~°Iraya°~

Finally the evening had come, it had come too quickly though in Iraya's opinion. She new that her friend wouldn't force her to day anything but she knew that she needed to get it off her chest, no matter the outcome.

"Hey." Narcissa called as she entered the room. Luckily there was only them two in the room.

"Uh hey."

"Don't be nervous, it's fine. Just tell me when your ready."

"Okay."

The two then sat in an awkward silence that lasted around a minute.

"Or maybe you could tell me now?" Narcissa said with a giggle.

"Right, yeah, sorry. It's just a bit awkward for me because I've liked this person for a bit of time now."

"How long are we speaking?"

"Since fourth year."

"Wow." Narcissa was shocked, how had she not noticed?

"Well..."

"Well..."

"Uh, I don't know how to say this." Iraya complained.

"Do you want to write it down?"

"No, I'm just gonna say it."

Narcissa gave her an encouraging look.

"It's you." She said, blushing even deeper if that was possible.

"I-" Narcissa was shocked.

"I'm sorry." Iraya said, and with that she fled the room.

☆°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°☆

Author note:

Thanks so much for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed! I know it may have been a bit early for her to admit her feelings but it'll all work out.

Word Count: 849

Total Word Count: 8022