Chapter 6 - A few years later

~°Narrator Pov°~

It was now 1970 and the girls were in their fifth year at Hogwarts.

Somehow over the summer they had both had major glow ups and Narcissa even came back with a boyfriend.

Over the course of the years they had both began writing in diaries unbeknownst to one another. They wrote the secrets that they would keep even from one another but they both understood that some secrets just weren't meant to be shared, and others just needed to be told at the right time.

 They wrote the secrets that they would keep even from one another but they both understood that some secrets just weren't meant to be shared, and others just needed to be told at the right time

(Iraya's diary)

(Narcissa's diary)

(Narcissa's diary)

The two had grown extremely close and told each other everything, well, almost everything.

Ever since last year when Narcissa's cousin, Sirius Black, had joined the school and been sorted into Gryffindor she had taken him under her wing and helped him make friends, which wasn't too hard because he had met some seemingly lovely boys on the train. James Potter, Peter Pettigrew and Remus Lupin.

The four boys had become inseparable and Iraya admired the way that Narcissa had put herself and her feelings aside to make sure that her cousin felt safe and loved even though he had also been disowned.

Iraya constantly fought with herself about the new bubbly feeling that she felt whenever she was around Narcissa, which was a lot of the time, and she subconsciously began to distance herself because what else could she do? Narcissa had a boyfriend for Merlin's sake!

But Narcissa had noticed the distance coming between them and was not happy about it. And whilst she had been disowned she was still raised as a child of the House of Black and if they were anything, it was stubborn.

****

It was a quiet day, a cool breeze was running through the hot summer air and yet it wasn't much of a good day for either of the Gryffindors.