ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

It's a chilly Sunday morning. Blu is currently drinking her hot chocolate while sitting on a small sofa in front of the foggy glass windows. She's watching how the tiny birds interact with one another, flapping their wings and flying high up in the air. The pianist wonders if there will ever be a time when she will have wings, allowing her to freely move and save those in need, particularly Perseus, whom she must protect at all costs.

"Can you tell me what you're thinking?" Perseus pulled a chair directly next to the sofa where Blu was sitting. He sat and had a sip of the hot chocolate he had prepared.

Blu gave Perseus the small notebook she kept with her wherever she would go. He looked at the page, which had stickers all over it - I'm thinking of ways to protect you.

"Protect me?" Perseus laughed and thought it was cute. "I'm fine, Pancake, hm? I should be the one to protect you, not the other way around."

'Okay. But can we stay for today? I really missed cuddling with you.' Perseus stood up and squished himself behind Blu as she spoke. He wrapped his arms around her and rested his head on her shoulder. They continued drinking hot chocolate and cuddling with one another. They didn't say anything, just basked in each other's warmth and love.

That day, they spent their time doing the things they used to enjoy doing. They baked cookies and muffins after drinking hot chocolate. Till now, Perseus is still perplexed about the conversion of liquids in baking, and Blu always laughs about it. Now that Blu is back, Perseus can finally watch their favorite movie together, Up. He recalls the first time they watched it together; Blu had already seen it, but she still cried during the movie's sad moments. After watching their favorite film, Perseus asked the pianist to help him design a new product. They both entered his workplace and sat on a couch in front of a table piled high with papers. Blu gave him a curious look and tilted her head to the left. Perseus chuckled softly and began picking up the papers from the floor and placing them on the table.

"Sorry. I, uh..." Perseus bit his lower lip nervously. "Never mind. I guess I'm still the same old Perseus." He was about to say something, but he kept it to himself. He didn't want to tell her how he didn't fix his documents and sketches because he kept having hallucinations that Blu was inside this room organizing his papers. Blu used to pull his hair whenever she saw something messy inside his house three years ago before she left. That's why, when she left, Perseus would leave things scattered on the floor or the table.

'Did you really miss me?' Blu asked him and brought him into a hug. "So much. So much..." Perseus was about to cry when the pianist unexpectedly yanked his hair.

"A-aw!" The man wanted to stand up, but Blu kept pulling his hair back. "Okay, Okay! I would no longer be a mess from now on!" Blu paused in his hair pulling and pouted. 'Really?' she asked, her cheeks flushed.

"Yep." Perseus brushed his hair back and kissed her on the cheeks. "By the way, you never explained why you were so angry on the day of the competition. The one where you're wearing a silver dress?" He asked as he began tracing circles on her cheeks. "That was... May of 2014."

Blu blinked a few times before grabbing a blank piece of paper and a pen. Perseus sees her left hand shaking as she begins to write. The pianist must have noticed him staring at her, so she hurriedly wrote some more words and handed him the paper. There on the paper, written: I told you my parents were arguing about money and didn't want me to play anymore, didn't I? But the truth is that my father despises me. He no longer wants to see me.

Perseus looked up after reading to observe Blu's expression, but she was gazing down, so he threw the paper away and cupped her face. "Does that have anything to do with your condition?" He waited for her reply, but all he got was a faint nod from the pianist. "Is there anything else, Pancake?"

Blu pulled away and stared at his deep black orbs.

'My parents had me after they graduated from college. At the time, their relationship was a secret, and my father was planned in an arranged marriage.' Blu waited for Perseus' response, but all he did was stare at her with sadness in his eyes, so she went on, 'When my father's family found out, he made a plan to secretly send money for child support and meet with us once a month. When his wife's family knew about it, they harassed my mother and me. My father, too, became ashamed of me and eventually grew tired of helping us.'

Perseus locked his gaze on her for a few moments before extending both of his hands to her. She gladly held his hands, and he drew her into his arms. Perseus kissed her on the forehead and remained that way for many minutes. He noticed Blu wasn't moving and found her sleeping peacefully in his arms. He tucked some of her baby hairs behind her ear and propped her head on a pillow. He carefully stood up and walked out of the room towards the living room. He was about to clean up when he noticed a notebook slipped under the sofa Blu had been sitting on earlier. It was a pastel green notebook with beautiful illustrations of stars and planets. He opened it, and Perseus's expression became perplexed as he saw the words written on that page.

I'm scared I won't be able to protect him. I'm scared that none of this will last. I'm scared I'll leave him again one day. I'm scared he'll be lonely again. I'm scared.

Perseus could only hope that the words written here are only Blu's thoughts and not the truth.