what a lovely welcome

We ran through a door and shut it just as some more of the things came. I saw a large metal cabinet off to the side and got an idea. "Hold it down." I told them and let go of Minho's hand again before running over to it. I pushed it hard, and they moved just as I toppled it over. We all turned around again, and yet again, there were more. "Go, go!" Thomas yelled and pushed us in another direction. We ran up some escalators onto the floor above where everyone else was. When we saw them, we all three yelled, "Run!". We all started running when we got to each other. We ran up another escalator, and Frypan yelled, "Thomas, Antonia, Minho, what the hell are those things?!" "I don't know, just keep going!" I yelled back. We kept running and went up another escalator. When we were running up, I kicked a thing away from Teresa, even though I hated her I couldn't let her die although it was tempting. "Minho come on!" I yelled, and once he started running up the escalator I ran with him. We kept running until Newt got tackled by another crank which fell out from somewhere to our right. "Newt!" We all yelled. Thomas ran up and kicked the thing off him. It fell off the side before Thomas helped Newt up. "You good?" He asked him. "Ya. Thanks Tommy." He replied before grabbing Thomas's hand and we all started running again. We ran down a small corridor, and Thomas tried opening every door. Everyone was panicking, none of the doors were opening. "Thomas, get us out of here!" Teresa yelled. I rolled my eyes, she could help don't just leave it to me and Thomas. 

Winston grabbed the gun and started to shoot them. We all flinched every time the gun went off. The doors still weren't opening and the things were getting closer. Just then Frypan ran into the door and it opened. Everyone ran through, Fry stumbling slightly as he flew through the door. Just as Winston was coming through the door he got tackled. We all tried to grab him out of those creature's grasp and Thomas and Minho were pushing on the door, trying to hold the cranks back. It was chaotic, Winston yelling out in pain, the cranks snarling and screeching, everyone's laboured breaths. Eventually, Winston was pulled through the door. I went to help Thomas and Minho with the door. I took Thomas's place and he grabbed Winston along with Newt and Frypan and they ran off, Aris following closely behind along with the witch.

 "Go Minho! I'm right behind you!" I told him as the door got harder to hold and the others got away. He looked at me wearily before obeying. As promised, I followed right behind him after he got a safe distance. I soon caught up with the others and we ran outside into a pile of knocked-over concrete and other things. We quickly found one to hid under, and everyone got inside. I got squeezed in between Thomas who was curled up into Newt and Minho, so I had to basically sit on Minho's lap, at this point we had become so close, and the danger we were in, I didn't really care. We all quickly turned off our flashlights and waited until we couldn't hear the screeches anymore. "Well, that was a lovely welcome." I whispered to Thomas. Everyone chuckled slightly but stop when we heard a distant screech. Almost everyone had fallen asleep, so I tried to. After what felt like forever, I finally fell asleep.

Please vote and thank you for reading, over 300 reads! Thank you so much- never thought it would get more than 10!