nine ; ice cream "date"

9
"ice cream 'date'"

after finishing up breakfast, jisung said he had to go to the bathroom to brush his teeth but really he still had to process what happened earlier

as soon as he walked into the bathroom, he quickly closed the door behind him and looked at himself in the mirror, touching a hand to the cheek chenle kissed.

jisung felt really, really fuzzy.

he could almost still feel his soft lips against his cheek. it was brief, really brief, but it made jisung's heart beat like crazy.

****

it was chenle who brought up the idea of going out for ice cream. there was a small shop just in front of the park. of course, jisung agreed.

"i'll make sure you don't trip and fall," chenle added jokingly, but it warmed jisung's heart.

"okay," jisung nodded. "i need to find my allowance-"

"no," chenle waved a hand. "i can pay."

it was nice walking there. the wind blew softly, the sun shining down on them, but it wasn't blazingly hot. the season was just about turning into autumn, so leaves were falling from trees all around them. it was a pretty sight, however.

chenle snuck a glance at jisung, who seemed more interested in paying attention to where he was going. he took this chance to try and hold his hand.

surprisingly, jisung reacted, looking down at their hands and properly intertwining them before looking up again, his cheeks a light pink. "look! we're close!"

sure, they were, but jisung was actually holding chenle's hand and it was the best thing in the world to him.

they entered inside, getting hit with the cool air of the ice cream parlour. there wasn't a line like there would be in summer, only a few people inside. they headed for the counter, waiting for a few moments.

"what do you want? i'll get it for you so you can sit down," jisung told the other, who looked toward the selection of flavours. his eyes were furrowed, his teeth sinking into his bottom lip.

"rainbow sherbet," chenle eventually concluded. he took out his wallet. "remember, i said i'm paying. so i'm staying."

jisung sighed — his allowance lay useless in his coat pocket. soon, someone came to serve them finally. there were out of there quick, jisung with a cone and chenle with a cup, as he preferred. the couldn't hold hands this time, but chenle decided walking extremely close to the other had the same effect.

the park was like the rest of the city, but with more nature surrounding them. leaves fell all around them, blowing around even due to the gusts of wind. there were people looking at the fish in the huge pond or sitting on the benches under one of the several tall trees the park was full of. there was also the huge field of open space for people to play and have picnics on.

"is that good?" jisung asked, referring to chenle's rainbow sherbet. the other nodded with a grin, holding up his spoon.

"want some?" he asked. jisung nodded. so, chenle scooped some ice cream onto the small spoon and it held to the taller's mouth, jisung opening his mouth to eat it. he closed his lips around the spoon, tasting the new flavour on his tongue. it was... actually not bad.

jisung pulled away. "it's pretty good."

"i know right," chenle beamed. "we should probably sit down so it's easier to eat."

"sure."

so they did, with a perfect view of the field in the distance, with some trees scattered here and there. once all of chenle's ice cream was gone, he leaned to the side, resting his head on jisung's shoulder, which made jisung blush, which is expected. his heart suddenly felt that same fuzzy feeling from before.

"you didn't fall today," chenle said softly with a giggle.

jisung smiled at that. "thanks to you."

 hey lol

hey lol