four ; jisung & sports

4
"jisung & sports"

"my coach asks us to look for more teammates," mark was saying

"my coach asks us to look for more teammates," mark was saying. "jisung, you know how to play football. maybe you could join."

"can't," jisung answered. "my mum would never let me."

chenle knew the reason why — jisung's mum was worried he'd get a concussion or something just as serious from playing, considering how if there's a way to injure himself, jisung will surely find it. by accident, of course.

well, he did try one time to play sports. it was baseball, but he somehow broke his wrist playing so never again.

"oh yeah," mark frowned. "your curse. who else am i gonna find?"

"i dunno, but not him," chenle spoke up. "ask one of those football fanatics. i'm sure one of them isn't on a team."

"good idea," mark said, his frown curling into a smile. "i'll be back."

with that, he left the table, leaving chenle and jisung alone.

jisung looked down at his hands, a bit frustrated. he really did want to play sports in general, even golf. but his mum would tell him about all the ways he could injure himself and how she doesn't want him the hospital again.

the thing is, it's no different from him doing anything. jisung broke his nose from walking into doors or getting one slammed in his face, he's broke his wrist from doing literally anything else in life. why was sports different?

also, luck was never on his side when jisung felt a ball hit him right in the side of the head. from surprise and the force, he jerked to the right, bumping into chenle, who gave him a wide-eyed look of concern.

he reached up a hand to rub the side of his hurt head, not realising he was leaning on the other male. it was when he finally stopped squinting, he did notice and quickly moved away, his cheeks dusting a light pink.

"that hurt," jisung said with a grin, trying to sound amused.

"you need an ice pack?" chenle asked. "that was a hard hit. i heard it."

"yeah," he said with a nod. "may as well."

he really wished he wasn't cursed.