Veritaserum

You reached your home, unlocked the door and ran towards your room. You kicked your shoes off your feet and you dramatically fell on the bed, saying "Oof, what a tiring day, playing chess with Cygnus. I'm too tired to win anyway. I think I should cook today." You said chuckling. As you exited your room you heard quiet sobs coming from your father's room. You peeked from the door. You saw him looking down at a photo frame presuming it's your mother. This saddened you.

You decided to go to your father's potions room. Searching for the Elixir to Induce Euphoria. You found the vial and immediately ran to the kitchen. You poured water in the goblet adding a few drops of the potion you had in your hand. You carefully took the goblet mixed with the potion. But little did you know that it was Veritaserum the truth potion.

You went towards your dad's room. Opened the door quietly, went towards and sat next to him. You placed your hand on his shoulder comforting him. "Drink water dad, it will make you feel better." You smiled sadly at him giving the goblet to him. You were happy that he didn't notice that you used a potion to make him feel better. "So father, why are you crying?" "Because of your mother." "What exactly happened to mother,father? Please tell me I don't want you to take this burden alone share it with me too. I'll be happy if you share your burden with me too. I can't see you all broken."

"Y/n, your mother Brenda Powell isn't dead she's still alive. Trying to kill you." The word that slipped out of his mouth shocked you. As you let out a shuddering breath and let your head hang down. "The first time I met her, she was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. As well as she was the most smartest lady. I decided in that day that I wanted her and only her as my wife. But the thing I didn't knew was that she was greedy for my inheritance, she never loved me. After graduating from Hogwarts. We immediately got married, she told me she didn't want any sexual intercourse with me. So I hesitantly agreed I always wanted a child, our child our own blood. After three years of our marriage, we wanted to celebrate our three years of marriage, we went to a pub. We had sexual intercourse that night and we both absolutely had no idea as we were drunk. The next day, she came to know that we did that thing, and she became furious,yelling at me. I decided after coming from work at the Ministry of Magic. I decided to give her an expensive pendant, to apologise to her. That's when she accepted my apology. After a month something weird was happening a lot, she was eating a lot before she never used to eat a lot, she missed her periods, vomitted alot. I decided to take her to St. Mungo's to see what was exactly happening to her when we both found out your mother was pregnant. She wanted to abort you, but I peremptorily denied. After giving birth to you, she told me everything, how she tricked me into marrying me. She told me to sign the divorce papers. I had to do that she feels happy without me and I had to do that. It's just I loved her a lot." He felt his throat closing up.

It was painful to see him like this. All you could do was embrace him and let the torrent of his tears to soak through your shirt. You could feel him clench his fists, not knowing whether to be mad or to give up hope all together. You could hear him silently screaming, suffocating with each breath he took holding onto his pride. You ran your fingers through his hair, time and time again, in an attempt to calm the silent war within his mind.

A tear rolled down your cheeks, thinking how your mother could do that. 'Her husband who's next to me crying next to me, my father!'  You thought. There was a big task pressing in on to you, a big responsibility: to shoulder some power, to uproot the mother who you blindly knew hurt your father's feelings really badly, to be effective and thorough becoming vengeful.

You wiped your eyes and went to remove the vial from your dress pocket, as your father was still busy crying on your shoulder. Your eyes widen as the name was not what you expected, it was Veritaserum inscribed on it, complimenting you father's clean cursive writing.'So that's why he shared his burden with me! I thought it was Elixir to Induce Euphoria! Otherwise he wouldn't have shared this all to me!' You quickly hid the vial in my pocket of my dress.' As it went all quiet, you saw your father sleeping on your shoulder, chuckling to yourself you gently tucked him on the bed, and removed his shoes and lifted his both legs and and kept them on the bed. He was snoring like always. 'Father, don't worry, I'll kill her, but for now take a rest and I'll think about it.' You kissed him on his forehead and went to prepare food. But firstly, you went to the potions room and kept the vial back at its place, you saw the vial which contained Elixir to Induce Euphoria. Chuckling to yourself at how stupid you were!

You went towards the kitchen and started cooking.

____________________

You cooked beef steak with mashed potatoes, your dad's favourite, even yours too. You saw your dad coming from the down stairs. Rubbing his head indicating he had a headache. "Had a good afternoon?" You chuckled. He would not remember what he had told you as the potion was worn off him. "Yes, yes, wait did you cook today? I told you not to--" "Dad, I'm okay, I'm not foolish enough to kill myself!"

"Yeah right, Y/n Merlin Wyllt is indeed an intelligent lassy." He said chuckling. This was your first time cooking you assuming you have made it a bit bad, as you have not tasted. You opened the wine from the bar without touching it, opened it flawlessly with the green energy. You chuckled at the memory where you tried to serve your dad the same way, as you're doing now, and it horribly went wrong. The glass pieces shattered everyway, and the liquid all over the floor and on your socks. Your dad came running down looking at you in wide eyes and you nervously smiling at him.

You successfully poured wine on his glass and carefully closed it and situated at the correct place. He sat on his chair, and you sat on yours dining chair. As your father digged digged down the steak and eat it, "mhmmm." He said. "Now, that's what I like to call a steak." He dug the mashed potatoes. "Now, now ,now Chef Y/n Merlin Wyllt is one of my favourite chefs in the whole wide world!" He said, making you giggle. "Thanks father I appreciate you."

Ello Shelles,
How was this one? Btw what's your wand? Mine is Aspen wood with a unicorn hair core, 11 ¾" and unbending flexibility.

Bye Shelles