CHAPTER TEN:

Gillian stood in her studio she could feel John’s eyes on her.

“Why is your IT guy here?” John asked her, his voice laced with jealousy and possibly anger.

Gillian turned around to face him. “Firstly John, his name is Callan! Secondly he is my boyfriend and lastly not that it is any of your business but I asked him to spend the day with me. I want to show him who I am and what I love, is that okay with you?”

John glanced at the door before he took a step closer to Gillian “doesn’t he have a job to go to?” Gillian studied John. “What is it that is actually bugging you John?” he moved even closer to her, his voice lowering to a quiet whisper. “I didn’t think he was real, and now you shoving him in my face? Is this because I told you I want to make love to you?”

Gillian laughed a loud, seeing the hurt in John's eyes she put her hand on the side of his face. “John, it doesn’t matter to me if you believe me or not. But I love that man, and I am not childish or stupid enough to jeopardise what I have with Callan just to make you jealous.” John flinched, he opened his mouth to respond but shut it again quickly and took a single step away from Gillian as Callan walked back into the room.

“Sorry about that love, Quinn says hey. Gabby loved her pizza and chocolate last night so it’s all good.” Gillian smiled lovingly at him and Callan pulled her closer to him before looking to John.

“So John, how are things? Gillian tells me you planning to pop the question someday soon?” John nodded and put on a brave face. “Yip, that’s the plan. Babe I thought you hated face fluff?” Gillian burst out laughing, she caressed Callan’s beard. “I did, but it looks good on Callan and it’s so soft.” Callan smiled at Gillian and kissed her gently.

His arm around her waist he looked John dead in the eye, making sure John got his message loud and crystal clear. “look I get the two of you have a history, but John if you call my girlfriend babe again I will knock you out!” Callan looked at Gillian winked and placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

John scoffed and Callan glared at him. John held his hands up in defeat but kept his smug smile “look IT dude, a piece of friendly advice. I happen to know her better then anyone and trying to run her life is the quickest way to get kicked to the curb.” Gillian felt Callan tense next to her she kissed his cheek. “We better get going love," Gillian turned to her ex-husband."and John I don’t want you to call me babe again. I’m no longer single so it is inappropriate and you should know better.”

John caught her arm as she turned to leave, his eyes begging her to stay. Gillian looked from him to Callan; “my love can you give me a quick minute please.” Callan nodded, he held his hand out to John, reluctantly John took it. “Pleasure meeting you John, I do hope for Gillian’s sake we can get along because I plan to be in her life until my heart stops.” John smiled. “I’m sure we can get along swell, there is very little I wouldn’t do for Gillian.”

After Callan had left Gillian looked at John, his eyes filled with pain. “I’m sorry.” Gillian hugged him. “Look John I get it, but you need to see that I’m happy. Really happy for the first time in a long time, that man loves me and I really don’t want to lose you as my friend so please I’m begging you don’t ruin what we have.” John kissed her forehead. “I will try to contain my jealousy, but you make it hard for me when you look this good.” Gillian laughed. “We work as friends John, please don’t ruin it.” He kissed her cheek; “whatever it takes to always be a part of your life, babe.” He whispered in her ear.

In Callan's car Gillian couldn't help her laughter that bubbled out. “What?” he asked. “I don’t remember telling you or anyone for that matter that he plans on proposing to the blond. You know what he did to piss me off on Friday don’t you?” Callan nodded his face sombre. “I was terrified you’d cave and that I would have to hear how he satisfied you because I hadn’t.” She put her hand on his knee. “You certainly have now and just so you know John is actually harmless.” Callan gave a snort shaking his head. “Yeah my love I see how he looks at you, and the way you look...” he let his eyes trail the length of her sending a tremor through her. “Well, I might have to become your full time bodyguard.” Gillian smiled; “mmm, spending all day everyday with you... I could get used to that idea.” Callan lifted her hand to his lips  kissing her hand gently.