CHAPTER TWO:

She stood in her best friends kitchen laughing, taking a deep breath and giving a sigh “You awful Gabby!” Gabby grinned at her “yeah I am...” causing another wave of laughter.

Both women sighed. “But seriously Gill, I think you’ll be a cute couple.” Gillian shook her head “you just want to know what he looks like naked.” Gabby grinned again “yeah that too.” Bringing giggles forth once more as he walked into the kitchen.

“Well, well looks like the two of you have over done the wine.” Gabby winked at Gillian as she walked passed him with the salad that they had just finished making. Gillian bit her lip shaking her head. “Don’t stress about us Callan, we are just in a good space.” Callan stood against the fridge as he studied Gillian, he was at least a head taller the she was. His brown eyes sparkling as he watched her every move. It sent her hormones into a wild frenzy.

Gillian was sure he had heard what Gabby was saying to her just from the way he watched her. He stroked his beard, gave her a smile and shrugged. “Okay then, need a hand with those?” he pointed to the garlic bread that she had just piled onto a plate. “Sure you can take them to the braai so long, I just need to wee and then I will join everyone.” He took the plate out her hands as he did he let his fingers momentarily caress hers, sending another shiver down her spine. He smiled, winked at her and without a word he walked out of the kitchen.

Gillian took a deep breath ‘woman control yourself.’ She whispered at her reflection on the fridge, smiled and went to the bathroom.

Before she joined the rest of her friends outside Gillian had studied herself in the mirror, grinning at her full reflection. She was looking exceptionally good tonight in her bright summer dress, her hair pulled back in a pony tail and her heels that drew attention to her fabulous smooth legs. She let out a small giggle as she thought about her best friends words. ‘tonight you’ll have the best sex ever.’ Gabby had been trying to get Gillian to hook up with Callan for months now. As much as Gillian ‘blocked’ Gabby’s attempts she dreamed about Callan almost every night and she wished with all her heart that he would just make a move already. He was by far the most attractive man that she had ever met. Apparently he had shown little to no interest in any woman before her and Gabby was adamant that she had over heard him telling her husband that he

‘was aching to make her scream my name’.

Gabby had said ‘I know they were talking about you Gill, that man wants you it’s about time you release some of that built up tension.’

She had given Gillian a grin and added, ‘and please, please tell me all about it!’ Gabby liked to point out that the sexual tension between Callan and Gillian was enough to turn on a nun. Gillian could simply not understand why he had yet to make a move.

Walking out into the warm summer evening air Gillian wondered if Callan was a one night stand kind of man or a forever after type. She wasn’t yet sure but she hoped with all her heart that he was the latter. Maybe tonight she should simply make the move for him because Gillian was officially tired of waiting.

Her friends stood around the fire laughing, two of them blushing bright red. Gabby put her arm around Gillian with a big cheeky grin. “Gill, they all think I’m crazy... Or maybe you all know none of you stand a chance at winning my game!” Gillian gave Gabby a sideways glance “what game are you talking about exactly?” Gabby was the editor of a... let’s call it an adult only magazine and her ‘games’ were very often not suited to everyone’s comfort zone.

Gabby gave another cheeky grin. “I’m calling it ‘who can turn who on!’. Rules are simply, you can’t touch anyone but your own partner. So sorry Gill you, Callan and Vivienne can’t touch anyone. We’ll work on an honesty system here. I’ll write everyone’s name on the fridge once you turned on enough to not be able to help yourself you wipe your name off. Last one standing wins.” Gillian burst out laughing.