WLG: 31

Lacey's pov: 

"Lacey..." Bryan breaths as he stares at me with wide, fearful eyes. Oh, now he fears me? Well he better. I'm not the kind of person to upset, and I was pretty upset now. And I was ready to kick his sorry ass. 

I stare him dead in the eyes. "Commander," I mockingly greet, "Bryan Gatsby." 

"Lacey...how... You're not Alpha of the werewolves," he tells me knowingly, and I shake my head. "You're wrong, Bryan. I have control over all werewolves in the USA." 

"Do not!" 

"I tell no lies!" I snarl at him, my eye filled with cold steel and hatred. He glances around, and Hector (smart, wonderful Hector...sarcasm) just stands there with his jaw slacked. "No way is a girl like you Alpha!" 

"Ah, Hector, so wonderful to see you again," I mockingly rejoice, and that earns me one of his glares. "I thought you had to be a werewolf to be Alpha of all of them." 

"I am, Hector. Will you once think a little?" I question him, raising a skeptical eyebrow, and he narrows his eyes. "Oh yeah? Prove it." 

"Not now, Hector," I chastise him like he were a little boy, which he practically is. I turn to Bryan when Hector shouts, "Shit! You're pregnant!" 

Damn it! Stupid hunters! Bryan and Hector stare at my belly, but I continue glaring at each of them. "Yes, thank you for noticing the obvious, Hector, and just so you know, I'm married too." I held up my ringer finger; funny, reminds me of an f*ck you finger.  

Bryan's face washes over to shear heartbreak and confusion. "To that beast?!" 

"By calling him a beast, you're calling me one too, Bryan, since I am of his species," I pleasantly point out. Honestly, you'd think he would learn some more things by now. My eyes drift over to the twins, Antonio and Diego. I half smile at them. "Good evening Antonio, Diego." They nod back to me, and I chuckle humorlessly. "I gave you two more credit than you have." 

"That we could be the ones to rule over our kind without your help?" one sneers, and I shake my head. "Oh, not that. I just thought you had been so much smarter than what you really are." 

They growl at me, but I speak the truth. "Don't you know to never trust a hunter? They only want to rid us. They'll probably kill you the second they don't need you, and they won't have a single guilty thought. You're just a tool for them. You're only making it that much easier for them." 

One of them snaps, "You cannot possibly know!" 

I shrug and roll my eyes. "Yes, very smart of you. Doubt the physic! Brilliant thinking you two!" 

"Physic?" they repeat, wide eyed, but I turn my attention back to Bryan. He looks utterly lost and confused as his eyes stay glued the dirt below his feet. I get his attention again. "Bryan." He looks up. "If you're having doubts about this invasion, take over scheme, maybe we can discuss a treaty between hunter and werewolf. Or you could just cut this whole silly thing right now." 

"He isn't the one giving order," Hector snaps, taking a step toward me, and I raise an eyebrow. "Oh? Well, the same question goes to you, Hector." 

"I don't think so, you fucking mongrel," he snickers, and I tense; how dare he! "At the ready," he shouts, giving the order to aim all stakes at me. I don't at the objects about to kill me and my unborn children, only the two unfortunate werewolves and Bryan. Bryan looks bewildered, his glancing showing he's trying to decide between good and wrong, and I see one twin rubbing his temples. 

It was all coming down to this moment. To Hector give the order to take four lives. To Bryan doing the right thing for once since I've seen him again. To the twins actually understand that this was not the way to get power. 

My entire race was counting on my sacrifice, Bryan's heart over mind, or the twins' quick understanding and actions. My heartbeat thunders my eardrums as my heart accelerates, pumping soon-to-be spilt blood and wasted adrenaline that I won't use. My entire life is counting down too slowly for me, for my race, for my world... 

I shut my eye, bracing to welcome Death's unforgiving bony hands that will drag me and my soul into the next world.  

I see my first family, loving them, coming to reunite with me...  

I see my current family's sorrowful faces...  

I the Richmonds' somber faces, especially Thane's tearful one...  

And I see my Darren with pleading eyes with my three children that will never be born...  

Goodbye forever to all...  

For some reason, I count down the seconds that are minutes, which are hours in this dreadful anticipation. 

1... 

Remi...

2... 

Darren...

3... 

Max...

4... 

Will...

5... 

Vince...

6... 

Harvey...

7... 

Lewis...

8...  

Gunner...

9... 

Ryder...

10... 

Thane...

My paining shriek pierces the silently still night of the new moon.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And that's how Lacey (cobbler) Adler dies...........................................................

...................................................................................................................................

....................................................................................................................................

...............  JUST JOKING!!!! xp

Sorry that these few chapters are kind of choppy, but I like to leave suspence! It's so much fun! 

Anyways, I hope you guys don't hate me so much for all the cliff hangers that you won't give me awesome comment...right? Please? 

darkwriter and I love you still!!!

Peace, <3, :)