WLG: 28

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lacey's pov: 

"Lacey, why aren't you downstairs?" Darren questions me from the chair I sit in. I furrow my brow. "Is there a reason I should be downstairs?" 

"Don't you remember Sydney and Max are coming back today?" Darren chuckles, and I gasp, "Is that today? Damn it..." 

I move to push myself off the chair, but Darren so insists on helping me up. "Darren, you don't have to help." 

"When you're eight months pregnant, yes I do." 

"Stop being so dramatic," I laugh. Since my stomach has gotten bigger, Darren has always been around me to make sure I'm okay 24/7. He kinda reminded me of a lost puppy. 

Darren gives me a glare, though it's teasing, and I peck his cheek to show I appreciate his thoughts, to which he smiles to. We walk down the halls of the third level of the palace so we can take the elevator down to the foyer, where I could greet my friend and her mate. 

Yes, I was back in the palace, but everything was amazing now. I can't wait to tell Sydney all that has happened these past eight months. As soon as I enter the foyer, I see a blonde female standing next to a brown hair male. "Sydney! Max!" 

They whirl around. "Lacey!" 

I wish I could run down the stairs, but my big belly refuses me to. When my two friends get a full view of me, their eyes widen, and Sydney gasps, "Lacey! You're pregnant?" 

"Yeah, I am, and I'm married to boyo here," I tease Darren when I slap his toned abs; he smirks and shrugs, too happy about the message to be irritated by the delivery. Sydney shakes her head at me while smiling. "I can't believe you didn't tell me! And you have some never not inviting me." 

"We didn't invite anyone. We ran away and got married, and we also got pregnant on accident," I explain, and Sydney laughs. "Geez Lacey, I thought I was irresponsible sometimes. Well this finally shows you have flaws...maybe too many." 

"Shut it, Sydney." I lightly push her arm, which she does the same to me, and Max pesters her, "Aren't you going to tell her?" 

"Oh right! I'm getting married!" she squeals as she holds out her hand, which has a diamond ring on her finger. I hug her. "That's fantastic Sydney!... It is to Max, right?" 

"Of course it's to my mate," Sydney snaps as Max takes her hand, and I shrug. "Just making sure. Well, now that you're finally back, Max, I'm going to have to update you on the new werewolf politics." 

"Oh joy," Max mutters, and I laugh. "Oh, relax! It's simple, and I'll go through it fast. And now when we around political stuff, you are to address me as Alpha-Alpha second-in-commander Lacey Adler." 

"Alpha-Alpha second-in-commander Lacey Adler? Is that just a longer name for Princess Lacey?" Max sneers, thinking it would bug, but I shake my head as we begin to head to the elevator again for the second floor. Max raises a questioning eyebrow, and I elaborate, "Ok, so we no longer have monarchy in our werewolf world." 

"And how did that happen?"

***FLASHBACK TO SEVEN MONTHS BEFORE*** 

I was happily holding hands with my husband when we went to join the rest of my family and the Richmonds to an outside picnic for lunch. I'm glad my new family is finally getting along with the Richmonds. Maybe it was all because Darren and I finally made it clear that we're meant to be together for as long as we live. Just the thought of always being with Darren sent my heart beating faster. And I can't believe I'm already a month pregnant! Times passes fast when you're enjoying yourself in the peacefulness.