WLG: 18

Darren's pov: 

The next morning, we hear a high pitched and angry, "Shit!" then clatter after clatter came. I went out into the hall with my siblings joining, and in the next second, Lacey flies out of her door and sprints down the stairs. All the while, she mutters, "Gonna be late. Shit! Shit! Shit!" 

She rushes along then she calls as she exits the door, "See you all later!" 

Then she's gone. Wow, I didn't even get a chance to say sorry about last night. I tell my siblings that we were going to the rehearsals today just in case Bryan tries to pull something, and we rush along, not piddling long, and then we're out the door just as fast. We dash to the theater, and we come in to see Lacey looking a little annoyed as Mr. Bens yells at her and everyone. "We only have three more days till opening night, people! We cannot afford tardiness or screw ups! We need to be perfect!" 

"No one and nothing can truly ever be perfect," I speak wisely as I stride to our seats with my siblings. Everyone turns to us and Mr. Bens continues, "I suppose so, Mr. Richmond." 

"Please, call me Mr. Darren," I correct. "And Ms. Adler was late because of an unpleasant event last night. I say, where is Mr. Gatsby?" 

"Late," Mr. Bens grumbles. I nod then sit with my siblings just as Bryan comes in stuttering, "Sorry I'm late." 

Lacey glares icily at him while he returns it steadily, and they both turn away from each other. Mr. Bens, along with the others, glance between the two. I notice he has a bandage on his nose then see his black eye hasn't improved, and then I remember Lacey. Her eye has ceased swelling along with her lip, but you could tell she was in a fight with the band aid for her cuts on her cheeks. It was obvious to the cast and crew that they had been in a fight and that it hadn't been pretty. Then Mr. Bens dives them into their work. "Alright, enough of this. We're all here, yes, good. Ms. Adler; we need you to rehearse your first solo. Come along, come along, people." 

People gathered around the stage, and Mr. Ben instructs another man to start with his line. That man, who plays the manager, Mr. Firmin, says, "A full house, Andre. We shall have to refund a full house!" 

"Christine could sing it!" a lovely girl named Peggy, who plays Meg Giry, pipes up as her character. Firmin says back, "The chorus girl? Don't be silly." 

"She's been taking lessons from a great teacher," Jennifer, as Madame Giry, chimes. "Who?" questions the second manager, Andre. Lacey replies, as Christine, "I don't know his name, mousier." 

"Let her sing for you, mousier. She has been well taught," Madame Giry adds. Andre and Firmin glance at each other, nod, and Andre motions for Christine to come forward. She does then she begins her song, "Think of Me", and she does it beautifully, her voice pure and smooth. She glances at me when she sings her line of rising notes, "There will never be a day when I won't think of you." 

I smirk to myself, but it doesn't stay long. I don't have to have Lacey love me like I her; I just have to have her remember what really happened. And now that Bryan would be out for a couple days, we would work on it, recalling things that happened at our home. Things would just be a bit awkward for me and her until then. But they wouldn't be for long.

"Great job, people! We have done a fantastic job! Well done! This play is going to brilliant with all you there," Mr. Bens praises. The dress rehearsal was just finishing, and opening night was tomorrow.  

Lacey's memory of us had been gaining more and more, which made me ecstatic. She remembered her performance to us of "Stuck Like Glue", and she remembered Gunner's, Harvey's, Vince's, and Will's kisses. Not much other than that, but it's coming along.