WLG: 20

Lacey's pov: 

When I wake, I was facing Darren's window as shining sunlight pours through, and one of his arms is wrapped around my waist while the other was where my head rest. I smile and kiss the hand that had lain limp by waist then held on to it. I felt Darren shift on the bed as he wakes behind me. I turn over on my back, letting his other arm free, which he props himself on as he stared down at me. I smile. "Morning, mate." 

Darren does his crooked smile. "Morning to you too, mate." 

He leans down to me, and our lips meet then we pull away. I sigh dreamily as I close my eyes. "Last night was...whoa." 

Darren laughs at this. "Yeah, I guess so. Wait until your friends hear that you slept with a gorgeous and somewhat rich werewolf." 

Now I laugh, opening my eyes to see his happy and calm face. "I thought no one's supposed to know. It's our secret." 

"It won't be for long," he adds solemnly. His smile fades as he gazes down at our entwined hands. My smile fades, too, but then I pull him in to me again. After five minutes of kissing my love, I let him go and stare deep into his eyes. "We'll be together. I promise. I can't stand to be without you. It kills me inside." 

"I can't have that, now can I?" Darren teases. I smile and peck his lips again. "No, you can't." 

Darren smirks at me then pulls me on top of him. He whispers in my ear after nipping it, "Round Three?"

We finally decide to come out at midday, just an hour before the family might arrived back. He got me cloths as I shower in his bathroom, and I grab some of his and hand them to him when he gets out. He fixes some of my hair, and I adjusted some of his style. I think we're going to be inseparable from now on. 

We face the door now. Darren takes my face in his hands and kisses me long and sweet before pulling me away, taking my hand and we head out. Nothing changes. I mentally slap myself for thinking reporters would bombard us. What a stupid idea!  

Darren doesn't let go of my hand we enter the breakfast room, where Edwin, Max, and Sydney are. They look up at us, expressions blank, and Darren stares them down. Edwin's mouth twitches to a smile and then he embraces Darren and I. "Oh, thank you two! Looks like Mary and I are going to be off on a vacation! At last!" 

No one could help but laugh as Edwin skips out with a bright expression. Then Darren and I sit next to Sydney and Max. Max smiles. "I guess you two are mates now?" 

Darren and I glance at each and nod. Max shakes his head. "It's cool with me since I got something new too." 

Darren and I stare, raising an eyebrow, and Sydney chuckles with Max. I gasp, "Maximus Richmond and Sydney Regina Valdez! I cannot believe you two are mates now!" 

"What can I say? I couldn't resist my mate," Sydney giggle as Max wraps his arms around her waist and kisses her neck. I chuckle as I sit next them with Darren's arms around my own waist. Max sighs, "Father is going to kill you. Not to mention the king." 

"Over my dead body," I declare. Sydney embraces me. "I'm happy for you. You found...I was going to say the guy, but I guess your mate will do too. You are over seventy five percent werewolf after all." 

I smile. "Yeah, I guess I am. Weird. I don't feel any different." 

Max's and Darren's face drop as their eyes wide. I turn to Darren. "What is it? Darren?" 

"We forgot to tell you..." Max begins. I glance at them then back at Darren. "What is it?" 

"The reason you don't feel different is because when you're not fully werewolf yet, you have to go through a change in your twenty second year. And that's coming up for you. You're going to be sick, and then, if you haven't died, you'll be a full werewolf the second you're twenty two. I think...it starts today," Darren explains. I stare at him. "Wow...that's some birthday."