WLG: 19

WARNING: sexual content is here, if you wish not to read it, stop at the * and continue at the *!!!!! 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Darren's pov: 

We race off to get to Lacey's dressing room, but we didn't find her there. I spot Peggy and ask her, "Where's Lacey?" 

"She left. Right after curtain fell, she just dashed off with her friend, Sydney. She didn't say why, just ran," Peggy replies in her Irish accent. My jaw drops and I turn my siblings. "Where could she go?" 

"Let's check Sydney's place, just in case," Thane suggests. We nod then take off for Sydney's apartment. Neither of them is there. Then we go to the park and search. Nothing. Then we finally check the house, but when I come through the door, Bryan, Dean, and seven other men are there, aiming their stake guns at us. I glare at Bryan. "What have you done to Lacey?" 

"I was about to ask you the same thing. Well?" 

"Well what?" 

"What have you done with my Lacey?" 

"Nothing. We don't have the faintest idea where she is, and we're telling you the truth, Gatsby."  

"Then why did I find this note from Lacey saying I'm a jackass and you lot are the better people. Obviously, she went with you mutt mongrels. Now what have you done to her?" 

"Nothing!" 

"Fire at will men!"  

The men scramble to get ready to shot since the order jumped out at them, and in that time, I gather my siblings and we dash for it. Silver stakes whizz by us as we run for our cars, and we finally loose them when we reach the trees of the park. Thane bellows, "What about Lacey?" 

"She can take care of herself, but right now, it's too dangerous for us to stay. Now let's high tail it out of here!" 

Everyone jumps into a car and then speeds off back to home. Where the hell could she be? She remembered us again, so why would she just leave us? I'll never truly understand her, but I can only hope she has plans for herself...hopefully about us. I miss her too much to just think she would leave us for good. On purpose anyways... 

We arrive home around midnight, and we find father and mother on their way to the study. Mother looks up to us as we enter, our faces I'm sure showed sorrow, and she, too, looks upset. Father's eyes were downcast. "Let's talk." 

We all wordlessly follow them to the study, and we settle around his desk while father stands by the window. We didn't speak, aloud or in mind, but just stood in dead silence. I think father was trying to find something to say but was having a hard time doing so. I don't know how long we just stood there frozen, all staring at one inanimate object, thinking about Lacey and how we failed in trying to get her back with us again.  

It was my fault. I knew it was. I had last seen and spoken to her. But I knew she had remembered it all, all of us, so why would she leave? She knew the truth. Why was she so complicated, frustrating...gorgeous, strong, fearless, sweet... Damn it! Stop thinking about her like that, I chastise myself, she appears not to care anymore.  

Then I hear it. One word from mother that made my heart go up into the skies. "Lacey?"

Lacey's pov: 

I had met Sydney outside the theater, after changing to a grey plaid skirt and mist blue long sleeve shirt and old boots, and she beamed at when I did came. I was there to say goodbye this time, but she wanted to come; I didn't ask, though I knew Max may have something to do with this, and we ran through the park to their parking spot. I had left the heels in the theater with a note for Bryan. I easily picked the lock for Darren's car trunk and then we heard gun shots; Sydney and I got into the small space car trunk and wished for the best.