Belated Birthday: Finale

Buckle in, it's the last chapter of this book before I start Season 1. This will be long. Enjoy.

~Jabjong~

Oh wow, I can't believe I forgot to tell y'all about my birthday. For reminders, it's on May 28th. lmao enjoy this entry I forgot to publish 'cause I was blackout drunk that night & didn't bother checking if it was published.

I woke up, still tired as fuck from gaming all night (with Hayan, of course). Getting myself out of my bed, I dragged myself to the bathroom to go take a piss & brush my teeth. As I tried not to wake up Tanjiro & Trinity, there was something about today is special, but I can't put my finger on it. Oh yeah, right: Fusion day.

After I was done, Trinity awaited me at the door of the bathroom, probably needing to take care of the same business. As I walked out, I noticed Tanjiro coming out of the guest room, still in his shorts & t-shirt.

We went downstairs for breakfast, pleasantly being greeted by a stack of birthday pancakes & bacon from Kuro. A cup of latte sat next to it with a note with very familiar, messy handwriting that said:

𝓗𝓪𝓹𝓹𝔂 1 𝓨𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓕𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓐𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓪𝓻𝔂,

𝓘 𝓖𝓾𝓮𝓼𝓼

-𝓢𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓸, 𝓢𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓱𝓲, 𝓢𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓸𝓶𝓲

I chuckled at the note as Shiro awkwardly stared at me across the table. I mean, hey, at least you tried. Really, they're a lot awkward once you get to know them, albeit, slightly crazy. Then again, O was a bit crazy too, so I can see where that came from. I mean, how else was my soul supposed to be recycled? Can't exactly recycle a soul that's still in use. :)

"Thanks, Shiro," I said.

"No problem." I could literally feel their mind finiking about how they just said "no problem". Well at least I know why Hayan over-thinks a lot.

I begun to consume the pancakes & latte as Kuro & Shiro chatted about something telepathically. It was just some basic things like what should I be given ('cause Kuro forgot to buy me something & only realised that when all the shops were closed) or where I should go. You know, birthday stuff.

My direct siblings were greeted with different breakfast items: Tanjiro got a few breakfast panini & ice coffee, Trinity got bacon, eggs, sausage, and a milk butter biscuit paired with a cappuccino.

Since this is a special day for us, the spirits that are related to us will be in the physical world today, which is why I saw Geom-eun fall down the stairs this morning from tiredness! :D

"You okay, bro?" Shiro shouted.

"No!" Geom-eun replied across the living room.

They crawled around until they reached the kitchen. Geom-eun got up & started to boil some water in a big pot for instant noodles. Kuro glared at them for some time before they spoke up.

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

"Huh?" Holy shit, those are some dark-ass eyes.