(25) Friendly Advice From a Friendly Girl

I wasn't expecting anyone to visit me while I was working, and I especially wasn't expecting to see Cora.

"Hey." I smiled, motioning for her to take a seat at the counter.

"Having fun?"

I nodded. Working at Ava's Corner was actually more fun than I thought it would be. The waitress who offered me the interview, Katelyn, was really nice and we were getting on great. I'd never been good at making friends, having been approached by Felix, Mia, and the rest of the group. So it felt nice to make some friends by myself, ones I didn't have to share with everyone else.

"So what can I get you?"

"Just a cup of coffee while I wait for my date."

My eyes widened, "You're on a date? Who with?"

"This boy from school. You probably don't know him."

"But I thought you liked Felix."

She smiled, sadly, "I do. I really do. But he doesn't like me."

"Are you kidding?" I scoffed, having seen the way Felix blushed whenever Cora so much as looked at him, "He's crazy about you."

"He likes someone else. He told me."

"Who?" I frowned.

She bit her lip, "I shouldn't say. He swore me to secrecy."

"You can trust me." I pleaded, "I won't tell a soul."

She hesitated for a moment, before sighing.

"Fine. But you must keep this to yourself. Felix cannot find out you know, and he most definitely cannot find out that I told you."

"Cross my heart." I nodded, the promise accompanied by a little hand motion.

"It's Luka."

"Luka? Dante's boyfriend?"

She nodded.

"Have they even spoken before? We don't exactly hang out with them much."

"They sit together in food tech. Felix said they've been talking almost every day and going to each other's houses to revise. He really likes him."

"That's messed up." I muttered, "Does Dante know?"

She shook her head, "And he can't find out either. Luka really likes him so there's no need to make Dante paranoid for no reason. He's an insanely jealous person when he wants to be."

"We need to find out if Luka has any feelings for Felix."

"He doesn't. He told me. He knows Felix has a crush on him and he still wants to be his friend, but he loves Dante and he doesn't want to lead Felix on."

"Felix is gonna be crushed." I mumbled.

"Tell me about it."

"And how are you? I know you really like him."

Her shoulders sagged slightly, but she was smiling.

"I'll get over it. I just want Felix to be happy. Whether that's with a boy or a girl, I don't care."

"You deserve to be happy too." I told her.

"And I will be. As soon as my hot date shows up."

I chuckled, "Let me know how it goes. We could do with some good news in this group.

"Will do." She winked, "Now tell me what's going on with you and Kyrie."

I groaned, "You don't wanna know."