☆19☆ friends,protection & trust building

Start from the beginning

"Go sit down. I will catch up with you in only a minute." Ryxel said signaling her to his living room.

She quietly sat in the black chairs. They were a comfortable set but not cosy enough to comfort her uneasy nerves.

She rested her head on a pile of cushions and dozed off. She was tired from all the early morning running. Barely had she slept when her leg with the wounded toe was lifted and placed on something masculinely tender. She immediately, rose up. Her leg was on Ryxel's lap. He cleaned and plastered her toe.

When he was done she pulled her leg away from him and sat with full length up in the sofa.

"Why did you bring me here, Ryxel? I really wanna go back to my place. I wanna go to work. I don't want my grumpy boss getting all bitchy on me. It's irritating. So irritating. The way he all gets red when he's angry. Jeez! I don't know." She said all this throwing her hands here and there in demonstration. Meanwhile, the Mafia just looked on; finding pleasure in all her efforts to express how irritating her boss is. Her talkative nature just made his heart smile. It was a noise his void soul yearned to hear over and over again. The movement of her hands and her dangling bracelet was too swift that his eyes only occasionally took it in. And her eager brown eyes stared into space trying to comprehend life but they just couldn't. They were filled with a lost sense. Her spirit was lost in something. A thing only he could clear.

Confusion.

Nevertheless, she mindlessly continued ranting.

When Ryxel felt like had heard enough, he stood from where he sat just opposite her and walked to her. He sat just next to her and lowering to her level, his lips softly but quickly touched hers.

"Keep quiet, Caramel." He gently kissed on her lips.

She went numb and her eyes widened in shock. Her lips too went dry. She licked them.

Ryxel let out a sound of something like 'hmm'. The way she reacted to him always left him speechless. All he could say was hmm. But he loved it. Every bit of it. The way she first acted fierce and then when he kissed her, she was at loss of words. It was interesting how the lawyer lost her speech by his touch.

"Er...ummmm...water........yeah...water..let me go get some water...i----i am thi--rsty." She stuttered and limped to the kitchen.

Ryxel followed in order to return the aid kit. Karmale emptied three glasses of water and she was now fine again. She could speak properly.

"Ryxel, can I have answers." She said her voice somewhat demanding.

"To what?"

"What?"

"Yeah, to what, Karmale?"

"Don't act oblivious, Ryxel. You very well know what I want to know about. Just be- Jeez! Just tell me why the hell am here." She said already irritated.

"If I don't."

"I will leave."

"Go ahead. Fucking get out if you want to Karmale. The door is open. No fucking keys needed. It's not locked. Get out!" He roared.

His sudden anger shocked and scared her. What was annoying him now?

"Ry-yy-"

"No, Karmale. Just fucking go! But don't think even for the shittiest of a minute that I am going to let you fucking step foot out of here."

Karmale studied Ryxel's face but this time she did not see anger she saw the same fear she had seen while they were at the street.

"What's wrong, Ryxel?" She asked with a ring of concern in her voice.