Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

I wake up in the morning shivering from the cold air, I feel around for Niall's warm body but it's not there. I check the time which reads 5:32am. I brace myself for the coldness before I kick the sheets of my body. Almost immediately I feel the cold air hug my bare legs and goosebumps spread across my body. I run out of the bedroom and into the hallway to the thermostat, my bare feet flopping on the hardwood floor. I turn the heat up to 80°F and cuddle up near a vent waiting for my phone to ring with a text from Niall explaining where he is. When I'm nearly sweating,and I still haven't received any texts from Niall, I uncurl and walk into the kitchen. It's so quiet and lonely. I sit at the breakfast bar and rest my head on the cool, grey granite. I sigh deeply and try to pull myself together, but I just can't. What if it happened again? Bzbz. I fell my phone vibrating from beside me, hoping it's Niall, I lift my head quickly and grab my iPhone desperately trying to unlock it. I see Niall's name appear in the home screen and a message below it. I excitedly check what he wrote.

Nialler<3: "Hey Cam, miss you so much already. Left for USA tour a bit early. Hope I didn't wake you. Love you babex"

I read the text over and over again, realizing how idiotic I am. Of course! His US tour with his band, One Direction, started today.I wish I can call him, I just want to hear his perfect irish accent purr in my ear but management doesn't allow personal calls while on the job. I just text him back instead.

"Niall baby, i miss you too.Hope you come back soon:( i love you <3"

I press the send button trying not to cry, tears bridging my eyelids. Upset, I go back slowly to the kitchen and make a hot cup of coffee. I use my 1D mug I got from Niall and pour the hazelnut coffee into it. I wrap both hand around my mug and shuffle into the living area. I cuddle into a blanket and turn the tellie on trying to avoid any music or Hollywood gossip channels. I can't find any good shows on, obviously. It's 6am. I I shut the tellie off and my finish last sip of coffee. I hear a distant Jingle coming closer and closer. I look at the doorway and see Buttercup appear in the doorway. Buttercup is Niall's and my kitten. We bought her 3 months ago for our 1 year anniversary it was also my Christmas present.

"hey Butter, c'mere." I pat the couch cushion beside me and she looks up at me with her big green eyes. She cocks her head sideways and in a flash she leaps in my direction only to make it head first into the couch. She piles herself on the floor waiting for me to pick her up. I giggle and bend over, grab her by her sides and place her on my laps. She meows for a bit before she lays herself down and closes her eyes. I pet her short little body and shortly her tummy begins vibrating. I close my eyes too, feeling the warm comfort of a body and I slowly drift into sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Meow,Meow. Meooooow," I hear repeatedly in my ear and occasionally a tickle. I open my eyes slowly and see Buttercup's green eyes staring into mine and her wet nose touching mine.

"Butter!" I yell and laugh pushing her off my chest. I run into the kitchen and she gallops behind me. I grab some kitty treats and tease her with them. Buttercup walks around my legs rubbing her side and her tail up high in the air.

"You're so cute," I smile and hold out the treat while she nibbles the treat clean out of my hand.

BzBzzzzz. The buzzer rings and I run into the hall to press the intercom button.

"Whose there? " I quickly switch the button to listen to the reply.

"It's Niall," and deep irish voice mutters. There's a pause my heart literally jolts. I didn't even realize that I left my finger on the listen button.

"Nah, just joking. It's Andrea, open up!" I hear a bubbly voice squeal. Oh.My.God. I'm going to KILL her! I buzz her in and wait for her to walk through the 2 large doors so I can tackle her.

Thank you for reading ! I'll be posting more soon <3