17

"To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved"-George Macdonald
________________________________

Everything turned back to normal and Suho and Seojun returned back to school. The boys were goofing around with one another, the girls in their own little groups. While I was attempting to braid my hair, the door opened revealing the teacher and a girl walking in behind him.
I guess she's new here
"Everyone quiet down, we have a new transfer student again, her name is Joo Hyemin. Why don't you take a seat right over there" he smiled at her reassuringly and she shyly took a seat.
I noticed Jukyung looking uneasy and kind of scared of the new student?
I should probably ask her about it later. The rest of the classes went by like a breeze and it was time to go home.
Our group walked together since we wanted to hang out and have fun. It's been a while since Sooah decided to tag along with us. Boyfriend troubles I guess.
"What are they doing over there?" I look at what Soojin was pointing at and saw a group of girls with our new transfer student.
She obviously looked frightened and shaken up by them. I took a closer look and realized it's the bullies that Jukyung talked about.
"It's Sae mi and her friends" Ju spoke up quietly and I clenched my fists together. So these were the bishes who mistreated Ju.

"Yah! Get your filthy hands off her" we charged over to them and Ju hid Hyemin behind her.
Sae mi's gaze lingered on Jukyung for a while and That's when I knew, she was catching on to the situation.
Sooah was probably really confused by our actions considering the fact that she's been left in the dark for quite a while now. We haven't necessarily told her anything about Jukyung or the bullies.
After we were farther away from them, Ju took Hyemin to the side and they held a private conversation with one another.
"Doesn't it seem like they know each other?" asked Sooah
I was as equally confused as them but I had an assumption. The bullies seemed to know Hyemin as well so they could all have been from the same school..

3rd person pov:
The girls said their goodbyes to one another and headed home for the day.
While Ju was walking home, she didn't know that Saemi and her group was following right behind.
They wanted to know if this girl was the same as the girl from their school. The girl they constantly teased and bullied just because of her outer appearance.
Once they saw Jukyung entering the familiar house, they confirmed their suspicion.
"She thought she could fool us with her makeup huh" Saemi smirked rather evilly and looked through her phone gallery.
"This is why we keep photos of our victims girls. You should watch and learn."

"What are you going to do now. I know you have a thing for that girl's boyfriend Seojun right? You've been following him on social media and everything" one of her minions said.
"Hmm, since Hyemin said Jukyung was really close to Seojun, I should destroy her, am I right?"

"Wrong." "Absolutely wrong"

They all jumped at the unfamiliar voice of a man. They would be in huge trouble if that person had overheard everything they had said.
Han Seojun came out from behind them and tilted his head in annoyance.
But to his surprise, Saemi was smiling at him amusingly. "You came at the perfect time Seojun. Don't you wanna know what your girlfriend actually looks like?"

"She had us all fooled for a moment. Even you."
She held up a picture of Jukyung's photos without her makeup on and grinned widely at him. "Don't you wanna break up with her right this instant after seeing her real face? Outrageous right?"

It took him a few moments to register everything but instead of the reaction they were anticipating, he snatched her phone out of her hands and smashed it on the ground.
"You should be glad that you are a girl, or else, I would've thrown a hard punch right into your face."
He dusted himself off and walked away, leaving Saemi both flustered and angry.

When he arrived at home, he went straight to his room and locked it. He messed up his hair and contemplated on who he should call to talk about this.
After much thought, he decided to call Haewon. She was indeed his and Ju's close friend, so she should know about this right?
As the girl picked up in confusion, Seojun mustered up his courage to ask her.
"I have a question regarding Jukyung. You got a minute?"

Haewon unwrapped her towel from her hair and sat down on her bed carefully.
"Yeah, what is it? But I think you have her number though. You could call and directly ask her ya know."
As she heard him chuckle through the phone, a smile formed on her face unknowingly.
"Why is Jukyung hiding such a secret from us?"
He didn't tell what the secret was just in case Haewon didn't know as well.
The call went silent as Haewon had millions of thoughts running through her mind. What secret is he talking about? Her appearance? The bullying? The-
"So you do know, judging from your silence. When did you figure it out?" About her bare face?" He asked quietly.

"When we went to the salon that day with your mother. That's when I saw her bare face."
"I can trust you enough to keep this a secret right?" She nervously played with her fingers waiting for his response.
"Of course, you know me Kang Haewon. Although, this shouldn't be such a big secret since she doesn't even look that different with or without makeup on. You girls these days.."

"What if I'm doing that as well Seojun? Would you be surprised one day if I came in looking different?" Haewon joked around.

"I don't think I would be surprised. You are pretty either way." Her heart raced hearing him complimenting her like that.

She let out an awkward cough and made up an excuse to end the call. After saying their good nights, Haewon grabbed her pillow and hugged it tightly.
.
.
.
.
Having feelings for someone wasn't so bad after all
.
.
.
.