"It wasn't that funny," said Damon in a strained voice after a minute had gone by and she hadn't quieted down.

"The same thing happened to me when I was in transition," mentioned Elena. "The emotions kind of explode onto you and it...."

To prove her point, Esmeray continued to giggle, covering her mouth with her hands. She was still crying. "This is fucking horrible," she laughed, making a face. "My body hurts from laughing."

"You'll be okay," Damon said. "You already had heightened senses as a wolf. It's the emotions and the feeding that's gonna bother you. Come on, Esme. Eat something."

"I don't want your vampire Kool Aid," she hissed, shoving the bag away once more when he tried to offer it to her. "I said I'm not hungry, respect that, or get the fuck out." She clapped her hand over her mouth. "Oh my god, that just flew out. I didn't mean to be rude."

"I think I like vampire Esmeray more," teased Damon. "You've always had out of pocket comments on your mind and you've never let them out. Dark humor Esmeray sounds fun."

Esmeray shook her head, groaning and rubbing her forehead. "Please, stop."

"What, am I too loud?"

"No, I adjusted to the sound, and the smells. The light. But everything just feels different." She looked to her window, and frowned. "Hold on. Where are all my plants? Did you move them so you could close the blinds?"

They all looked a bit guilty. "Love," said Klaus, taking her hand. "The plants... died."

Her heart dropped into her stomach. "Oh. Of course. When I died... so did they. I can't feel life anymore. I can't... bring things to life anymore..."

"Hey, my mom felt the same way when she turned," Bonnie told her. "And it's true, that it just doesn't feel the same. It just means you start over. She has a garden again— she started it from scratch, and it helps her. I know you don't want to hear this, but forget the old plants. Get some new ones and start over. You'll have to water them manually now, but they will live, and so will you."

Surprisingly, this helped. Relenting at last, Esmeray made a face and reached for one of the blood bags, opening it and drinking a bit, feeling the veins protruding from her cheeks, a sort of sharpening sensation arising in her eyes as they darkened. The exiting of her fangs wasn't hurting her anymore, and she found she liked how the blood tasted.

"Can we go into the Bayou?" she asked Klaus when she finished feeding. "Just... so I can run around a bit as a wolf?"

He hesitated. "I worry, love, because the Hollow is out there. We know not what her real body looks like, and she may very well try to hurt you now that you do not have your magic."

"What if we take her out of New Orleans?" suggested Elena, wringing her hands together. "She and Damon can move, as vampires, out of the city and to a forest somewhere else. I can watch Hope while Bonnie helps Freya and the rest of you... do whatever it is you're going to do to help Elijah. Stefan's a phone call away if we need help, he's helping Enzo with something, but the two of them agreed to come by if it was needed."

Klaus nodded. "Very well," he said, helping Esmeray to her feet. The three vampires heard movement downstairs. "Rebekah and Kol are here," the hybrid announced. "I shall go with them to destroy the rest of those rose thorns. Be safe out there, love."

He kissed her forehead before leaving the room. Damon pocketed one of the blood bags before offering Esmeray his arm, and leading her out to the entrance. She didn't wish to see Rebekah and Kol just yet, and had pulled her jacket up to cover her head as they got onto the street. She pointed the way to the nearest forest outside of New Orleans, and the two vampires made their way there.