Horcruxes

"Now for you Voldy," Hailey said as she cued the basilisk to bend down towards her. She stroked its head before whispering sorry in parseltongue and breaking a tooth. 

Voldy seemed to have understood her plan and shrieked an "NOOOO" just before Hailey stabbed the diary and Voldemort's soul image thingy disappeared. Her friends looked confused and shocked. She would just have to cook up a story to tell them as their 12-year-old minds couldn't handle Horcruxes and everything.

**********

Hailey was currently thinking of her parents. She knew they'd be furious! 

Maybe if she pretended to be sick? No, No, They'd wait until she got better.

What is she pretended to go loopy like Lockhart? Terrible idea.

She didn't even get to process everything as they reached the ladder. They took Ginny to the hospital wing where Madame Pomfrey fussed over all of them before summoning Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Snape.

McGonagall lectured them about the importance of their life and how they should have informed a teacher.

They kind of got off by saying that since the teachers hadn't believed them last time, they thought they wouldn't believe them again. 

Snape didn't scold them because Draco had thought to bring some of the shedded basilisk skin for him. They were extremely expensive but they were very useful in potion-making.

Dumbledore just observed them with his twinkling blue eyes.

"May I have a word with you in my office, Hailey?" he asked after a while.

"Of course, professor," Hailey obediently followed him to his office.

"Please tell me exactly what happened, Hailey,"

Hailey recounted everything but she talked about how scared and worried she was for her life and left out the part where she provoked Voldy. Then she pulled out the stabbed diary.

"I don't know if what I am thinking is accurate but I think it is," Hailey said.

"And what is it you are thinking," Dumbledore said.

"When I was at Grimmauld Place, I went into the black library to find a few things on dark curses. I had read about them briefly but I couldn't find more information on them anywhere. So I snuck up to the black library. I figured if it was about dark magic, they would most definitely have it. There I saw a book about Horcruxes." Hailey paused. The twinkle from Dumbledore's eyes was gone but he told her to go on.

"Sirius caught me with it and I couldn't read it properly. He was so mad, I had never seen him that mad and he made me promise to never touch that book ever again or else he would not let me come over. Naturally, I became interested and kinda went to knock turn valley to find something. I found a book on Horcruxes."

"You have to promise not to tell if you want me to tell you what Horcruxes are," Hailey said.

The twinkle returned and he promised not to utter a word to her parents.

"Horcruxes are objects in which a witch or wizard contains a fragment of their soul. As long as the container is safe, so is their soul. Making them practically immortal. There are very few things that can destroy a Horcrux. Basilisk venom for one. Voldemort is constantly boasting about how he is immortal and even though the killing curse hit him that night he is still alive."

"So you think that this diary is Voldemort's Horcrux?"

"Yes, but here is the catch, if you were Voldemort who feared death so much and wanted nothing more than to always be alive, would you hide your soul in an ordinary diary with such little protection."

"So you ought to say he has multiple Horcruxes?"

"Yes, I am certain about that. He himself had said that he had walked down that path further than anyone else."

"Ok, Hailey. Thank you for your input and I think you are right. Please leave this diary with me. We will discuss this matter later. I think you should go back to your friends. I will send a note to your parents,"

"No, please don't,"

Dumbledore chuckled and dismissed her.

Hailey felt so proud of herself. She had planted the idea in Dumbledore's mind with such innocence. 

At least Dumbledore would include her in his plans.

Now she just had to worry about her parents, this was basically the last year she was going to do something reckless on her own. Next year, nothing will happen and she could enjoy a year free of troubles and the Triwizard tournament was hardly her fault.

A/N: PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!! to make it up to you, I will have another update this week <3