2//~Halloween and Birthday!~

A/N:  I am aware that Hailey's grandparents died of dragon pox in Canon but for my purposes, the Potters are a joint family consisting of Lily, James, Hailey, Fleamont, and Euphemia Potter. I will introduce them a bit better in this chapter. Enjoy!

Hailey's First Birthday...

This birthday was nothing like the one that had been described in the letter to Sirius that her mother had sent. Firstly, this birthday was quite grand. Everyone was there:

-Hailey's grandparents: Fleamont and Euphemia Potter
-Her Parents: James and Lily
-Sirius
-Remus
-The Prewett Twins: Fabian and Gideon Prewett
-The Weasley clan (with Ginny still in Molly's stomach)
-The Longbottoms: Alice and Frank Longbottom
-The Mckinnon-Medowes: Marlene Mckinnon, Dorcas Medowes, and their adopted daughter Sarah Mckinnon-Medowes,
-More Order members, all of whom she did not recognize
-And unfortunately Pettigrew too 

Hailey was sure that he had already outed them but Voldemort was probably just taking his sweet time. Hailey hated how he stood there and pretended everything was normal as if they were all still best friends. Hailey hated him!

Her mind was distracted as all the children gathered around in the yard to play games. They played tag and hide and seek. Hailey was a bit too young so, she stuck with Charlie, whom she had grown to quite like. She liked all the Weasleys of course but Charlie always took care of her as he did with Ginny in the previous timeline.

She remembered being quite jealous of Ginny because she had so many brothers who jumped at every chance to care for her and she didn't really have that. Now, she kind of did- well almost but whatever she had right now was more than enough.

They had to stop playing when they were called inside to cut the cake. The cake was beautiful and made her mouth water. It was a two-tier cake, Gryffindor-themed (of course). There was also a sorting hat at the top and a golden snitch on the side.

Hailey also noticed the Hogwarts crest at the front and she suspected it was her mother who had gotten the Hogwarts crest placed rather than the Gryffindor one her father was discussing with Sirius

Hailey also noticed the Hogwarts crest at the front and she suspected it was her mother who had gotten the Hogwarts crest placed rather than the Gryffindor one her father was discussing with Sirius. Lily had always been adamant that Hailey should not feel any pressure to be in Gryffindor.

The snitch and broom made perfect sense to her, Hailey had made her interest in Quidditch very clear to those around her even at her age. The cake was of course chocolate. Hailey always liked chocolate but Lily and James thought that it was Remus who had turned her into a chocoholic. Remus always retorted saying that it was a good thing and that they should be proud parents.

Then it was time to open the presents! It was no secret that she had never gotten presents for her birthday so it was obvious, that she was excited.

The table was piled high with presents. She knew at least a few of them were from her parents. James had insisted that they get Hailey one big present and 9 small ones and Lily had told him that she would not let him spoil their daughter rotten but James had convinced her that they would not give her just one present for her Birthday. This was one of the many conversations that she overheard when she pretended to sleep. It really was the only way, they were too careful to talk about the war in front of her.