Norbert and Lily's wrath

"Let's go down to visit Hagrid today" Hailey suggested. It had been a while since they had visited Hagrid. Draco showed a bit of reluctance before agreeing to go along with the others.

**********

"Take some more cakes" Hagrid insisted. Hailey had learned that dunking them into tea and letting them soak made the rock cakes somewhat edible. The others followed too, they all only had one to be polite. The only one who seemed to enjoy these atrocious cakes was Draco (surprising I know).

Mason then spotted an enormous black dragon egg in the fire, which Hagrid revealed that he won the previous night in a game of cards with a stranger at the pub. Hailey is of course quiet about the fact that the stranger was most likely Scabior/Voldemort. Now, they have to worry about what might happen if Hagrid is discovered with an illegal dragon. 

Hailey thought about suggesting writing to Charlie but quickly decides against it just to give Hagrid a bit of time with Norbert (or Norberta).

A few days later the dragon hatched, they sneaked down to see it happen. Ron and Draco were the most excited. Neville had thought to bring a camera along to take photos. Thankfully since Draco was no longer spying on them, Hailey didn't need to worry about getting in trouble or getting detention, both of which she was grateful for. 

After her Mum had talked to Snape, Snape had of course not lost his sneer or sarcasm and he also hadn't become dramatically kinder and nicer but he was much less bitter and didn't occupy all of Hailey's time with detentions for no reason.

Ron later suggested that they send Norbert to Charlie, who could take care of him and then set him free. Hagrid finally agreed, and they sent an owl to Charlie.

Charlie suggested the same thing as last time, they brought Norbert to the tallest tower, Charlie's friends took him and they were free. They were careful under the Invisibility cloak to make sure they weren't caught this time.

**********

Hailey and her friends had told Quirrell, McGonagall, and Snape that Scabior/ Voldemort was going to steal the stone tonight. They of course dismissed their concerns, McGonagall and Quirrell a little more kindly than Snape but all the same.

Hailey knew she didn't need to go save the stone but honestly, she just wanted a bit of an adrenaline rush and it was good bonding.

So, that night they all headed to the trapdoor. Hailey asked them all to back out just like last time, they all refused, even Draco!

They fell into the Devil's Snare. Neville and Mason helped them out of it quickly. Ron thankfully believed Neville right away unlike last time where he was reluctant to believe Mason, most likely because Neville had already developed a reputation for Herbology. 

Hailey and Draco searched for the flying key together, Hailey of course found it first since she knew what she was looking for, unlike Draco.

Next came McGonagall's chess, Ron solved it by himself for the most part but Draco helped him a bit so they found a way where Ron didn't need to sacrifice himself.

The Mountain troll was not lying unconscious like last time so Hailey cast a temporary conjunctivitis curse on the troll. Mason was impressed and Hailey had to promise him that she would show it to him later.

Then they went to the Potions chamber. There they found Scabior talking to what seemed like himself.

"No I think it's the red one," he said

"You, unworthy servant, can't solve a simple logic test!"  Voldemort hissed.

"Please Dark Lord, I think maybe it's the green one," he said in a desperate voice.