𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙘𝙠

Narrator's POV

Knock knock...

You tried to stand up from your bed, with all the strength left on your body. Walking to your door, eyes were half- open, you welcomed your dearest friend inside your house. You looked at him, up and down, and noticed the plastic bags on his hands.

"I already told you not to go home last night." Kai deadpanned and passed by you.

You visited him yesterday. As you were about to go home, heavy rain suddenly poured. He insisted that you should stay first. Of course, you didn't listen to him. You remembered that you have a lot of chores and work to do. And so, you dive right under the tremendous rainfall.

You were supposed to meet Kai again the next day. But, you fell sick and cancelled your supposed meeting.

You looked at him, confusion written all over your face. You did cancelled your meeting but you didn't told him why.

"How did you know I'm sick?"

"My gosh, Y/N! I've known you for years already. And as far as I remember, I'm your only friend." He said, emphasizing the word only.

You rolled your eyes at his remark.

After placing the bags on the table, he went near to you to check your temperature. He placed his palm on your forehead and felt the warmth lingering your body. You suddenly felt nervous by his actions, which made the red color on your face.

"I'm doubting if your face is red because you have fever or you're just flustered cause of me?"

You pushed him away from you and went straight to your room, before he can even tease you more.

He followed you, bringing the porridge he bought. As the both you sat on the bed, he opened the food and tried feeding you. As much as you want do it yourself, you felt so weak to even fight with him.

"Be careful, it's hot." Kai warned.

"But I'm way hotter." You joked before accepting the food.

This made Kai cringed. This was not so you and he can't handle such boldness from you.

You suddenly coughed which made you choked at your food.

"That's what you get from lying."

Kai shoved the water bottle to you, but his action only made you laugh. You were used to his attitude. Despite his ice cold aura and blunt speaking, he's just as soft as an melting ice cream inside.

You didn't even know how you became close with this guy. Both of you were loners during high school. Guess what? Same feather, flocks together. The ice prince and the unknown unsociable unexpectedly were paired for a club project and their stubbornness made them an inseparable tandem.

After feeding you, he brought your medicine and placed his hand again on your forehead. But then as he touched your forehead, he immediately pulled back his hand and let out a yelp.

"Y/N! You're literally burning right now. Maybe we should go to a doctor."

"Kai. Calm down." You pulled him back as to where he is seated.

"You know... No doctor can help me when I'm lovesick." Kai looked at you, horrified at what he just heard.

"Here. Just take your medicine."

"But I'm already drugged with love."

"OH MY- Y/N YOU BETTER STOP THIS."

You being sick is way far from normal. He thought you just caught cold and fever, but when you even laughed crazily after what you said, he knew you were very sick.