𝙈𝙞𝙨𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜

Narrator's POV

As you entered the hallways of your university, you quickened your pace and lowered your head avoiding a certain someone. You even wore your hoodie and mask so that you won't be recognized. Thinking that you were safe, you went straight ahead to your room.

But of course, when did ever life became fair?

"Hi Y/N! Good Morning!"

"There's nothing good when you're around."

It was none other than Kai, known as the ball of sunshine of the college sophomores. He was indeed cheerful, hyper, and gets along well with anyone. I mean, who won't be strucked by that cheeky smile?

But matters about him are different when it comes to you. You see him as a talkative nuisance that keeps pestering you everytime he wants or feels to do so. He'll never get tired teasing you. And honestly, you can't find any reason to befriend him.

"Oh Y/N. Can you just be positive even for a second? The day is literally so good. The sun shines brightly and flowers dances with the soft wind." Kai turned to you with his refreshing beam as you sat behind him.

"Yeah, whatever Kamal."

"Hey! Don't call me that!" You can't help but to smirk as you knew he was annoyed by your remark.

Suddenly, a voice interrupted the both of you.

"Both of you better stop that already. I'm tired of you two always bickering right in front of me." Jake rolled his eyes.

"It was Y/N-"

"It was Kai-"

"Enough."

You and Kai sighed in defeat, knowing that Jaeyun or Jake as he preferred, won't tolerate you two.

"By the way Y/N, have you done your assignments? I also wrote some notes for you." He asked.

"I have done it all last night and thanks for the notes." You replied with a timid voice and got the notes from him.

You see, Sim Jake is carefree, gentleman, and have a softer personality. Compared to his friend Kai, he is calmer and serene which are his assets and those were the characteristics which often made some tugs in your heartstrings.

You grew a not-so-little crush towards him after he approached you because he noticed you were alone and wanted to be friends with you.

He also knew that you have a part time job during the afternoon that's why he offered helping you with your studies. It was indeed convenient for you. This gave you more reason to deepen your liking towards Jake.

The morning eventually passed with your classroom getting filled by other students and waiting for your professor to arrive.

Classes

"For your last project, you need to make a bridge model which is to be presented at the end of the month. Different panelists will be visiting to critique your work and whoever may be chosen as the best work will be receiving incentives. You'll be working by pair and this time, I'll let you choose your own partners." Your professor then bid a goodbye before exiting the room.

You were worried as you saw everyone pairing up with their friends. You really weren't fond of interacting with others and it is hard to work with someone you aren't close with. A sigh escaped from your lips as you stood up, thinking that you'll probably end up working by yourself.

Through your way to the library, you happened to catch a glimpse of Jake and Kai by the lockers. An idea immediately crossed your mind.

"Hey Jake!" You called as you went near them.