It was then where Zhongli noticed, it was the exact same sweater Childe gave him.. Zhongli looks down, it was obvious that Childe was in love with Lumine. Zhongli only had one thing filling up his mind.

I wish I were Lumine.

After the movie, the three came out of the cinema, Lumine was sniffling a little...

'That was such a sad love story...' Lumine said,

'I know right......' Childe smiles, he then grabs Lumine hand, Lumine blushes,
'Tartaglia....'

Childe chuckles and puts his arm around her shoulder. Zhongli looks from behind them, saying nothing but in the verge of tears. Too guilty to think about it, but wishes Lumine were as good as dead.
___________

Time passed by quickly, it was already December.

'Zhongli~' Childe hums, holding a stack of what looked like invitation cards,

'Hmm?' Zhongli turned to Childe's direction,

'I'm hosting a new years party this year~ You should definitely come!' Childe gives Zhongli an invitation card, before Zhongli could thank him, Lumine passed by, getting more excited, Childe runs up to Lumine.
Zhongli sighs, feeling more dead inside.

______________
The party was crazy, lights everywhere. Zhongli looked around, Childe was nowhere to be found. He sighs, and takes a seat on the couch.

Just then, the power went out. Zhongli looked around, shocked. Suddenly...

'Happy birthday to you~'

Zhongli looks at the stairs as he sees the faint light of the candle,

'Happy birthday to you~'

As the faint light approaches closer to Zhongli, he noticed the person holding a birthday cake with candles on it.

'Happy birthday to Zhongli~'

It was Childe.

'Happy birthday to you~!'

Zhongli got a little teary eyed, as he looks at Childe in the eyes,

'Go on.. Make a wish!' Childe smiles,

Zhongli closes his eyes, and makes a wish,

I wish... I could have gone on at least one date with Ajax.

Zhongli blows the candle, and everyone claps. And the party gets more crazy...

About 1 hour later, Zhongli needed to use the bathroom, he walked over to the restroom door.

He opened it... Only to see Childe and Lumine making out.

It was so heavy, they didn't even notice Zhongli witnessing everything. Zhongli slams the door and ran away, squeezing through the crowd.

'Huh? What was that sound..?' Lumine asked,

'It's nothing baby, you're just hallucinating.' Childe says and pulls her back in,

Zhongli found himself in the backyard pool. He sits beside it, feet in water, and pulls out his journal, for one last entry.

They were making out in the bathroom. Disgusting. It was disgusting. I'm disgusting everything is calling me a disgrace. I wish I never fell in love. I wish I wasn't so dumb. I wish I were Lumine.

... January 1st 2022

Zhongli closes his journal as he looks at the fireworks, mesmerised.

Then slowly steps into the pool,  it gets deeper and deeper, Zhongli couldn't hear anything anymore, the party, fireworks, the voices inside his head. Zhongli closes his eyes.

Zhongli woke up finding himself in a dark space, he looks around, noticing a faint light, he walks over to it. And touches it.

'Ajax, I love you so much.' Zhongli said,

'I know, and I love you too.' Childe laughs,

They kissed, it was filled with love. Zhongli tears up.

"Only If This Were To Come True."

_____________

Tears rolled down Childe's cheeks. He placed a rose in front of the grave.

The grave of Zhongli.

'I'm sorry. I wish I gave you a chance for a date. I hope you are doing great.. Wherever you are.' Childe smiles, crying more, as he sits down next to the grave.

~The End~