Chapter 11

Hey everyone sorry it's been a while since I updated. I got a little lost for inspiration but I'm slowly trying to get back to the story so don't worry I haven't abandoned it.

The next day...

Hope's pov 

Me and Quinn are heading over to Miley's house, we would've gone with her straight after school but my dad wanted us to come home first so he could ask how everything went. Yeah apparently he couldn't wait until later tonight when we get home from hanging out with Miley.

We arrive at Miley's house "this place looks nicer in person" Quinn comments as we approach the door and I ring the doorbell. "Someone's at the door!" a boy yells from inside "well don't just sit there Jackson go answer it" a man replies "why do I have too?" Jackson asks "because you're closer to it" the man replies "ugh fine" Jackson replies with a huff and I hear him approaching.

The door opens revealing Jackson the boy who is Miley's adoptive older brother, the one we saw in her memories. "Hi we're here for Miley" Quinn says before he could say anything "figured as much" Jackson replies before turning his head. "Miley!" he shouts "What!?" Miley shouts back from somewhere in the house "you have friends at the door!" Jackson shouts back and suddenly we hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

Jackson moves away as Miley appear "hey girls you made it" she says pulling us in for a hug as we enter the house "yeah, sorry we had to make a stop at our house" I respond as she shuts the door. "Oh that's okay" Miley replies waving it off before walking over to the sandy brown haired man with lightly tanned skin and slight stubble on his face.

"Dad these are the girls I was telling you about, this is Hope and Quinn" Miley explains "nice to meet you girls. It's nice to know my daughter is making new friends" he replies as he shakes mine and Quinn's hand and I instantly get a good vibe from him. "It's nice to meet you too sir" Quinn says "oh please call me Robbie" he insists making us nod.

"Well dad we're gonna hang out upstairs" Miley says making him nod "okay, have fun" he replies before picking up a newspaper and starting to read it. "Come on, I'll show you to my room" Miley says gesturing us to follow her to the stairs so we do and we head up the stairs.

"Nice room" I say as we enter her room "thank you" Miley replies before sitting down on her bed. Me and Quinn take off our shoes and put them aside before sitting on the end of the bed but we face Miley.

"So what is it like in New Orleans? I've always wanted to go there" Miley says "it's amazing in New Orleans everything from the food, the art, the music, the culture and the parades. There's this really nice pastry cafe that sells the best sweet pastries" I explain "ohh I will have to try that place out if I ever go to New Orleans" she replies making me and Quinn cast a quick glance at each other.

"So how long have you lived here in Malibu?" Quinn asks "I've been living here for five years" Miley replies "where did you live before?" I ask curiously "Tennessee" she replies "wow that's quite a move, what made you move here from Tennessee?" I ask making her pause. "My dad got a job promotion up here" she replies but I can tell she's lying as her heart sped up.

"Is that your mom?" Quinn asks gesturing to the picture on the nightstand of the woman we saw in one of her memories. "Yes it is" Miley replies with a sad look on her face "what's wrong?" I ask "my mom died a few years ago" she replied making my eyes widen "I'm so sorry for your loss" Quinn says placing a hand on her knees "thanks" she replies "may I ask how she died?" I ask "terminal illness" she replies looking down and I can sense she doesn't want to talk about it any further.

"I'm sorry we didn't mean to upset you" I say "no it's okay, I told you. I don't know why I told you when we've only just met but I felt like I could you know" she replies making me and Quinn nod.