Part 2, Chapter 16

Start from the beginning

I cocked my head to the side. What did he mean by that?

I quickly ran to the kid's side. "Did you free him?" I asked. Varian nodded. "Yes. I didn't know where Luigi was though, so I just told him to find him." I nodded. "Good. Good. We gotta get you out of here."

I grabbed his hand and was about to take off running, when I felt that force wrap around me again. I floated up into the air and was brought closer to Luigi.

He was holding up his hand, looking at that book.

"I'm not gonna let you get away. I've only got five minutes. Five minutes before I can fix everything."

Varian held out his hand. "No! Mr. L, wait!"

"Kid, get out of here!" I yelled. 

I saw that girl try to run and tackle Luigi, but he simply stepped to the side, causing her to stumble and fall, twisting her ankle.

"Guys, please. Fighting isn't gonna get us anywhere. Just let me win. Please. Just let me win this, and I promise, you'll never have to worry about me again." Luigi pleaded. This sounded a little more like the old him.

The force squeezed around me. I cried out in pain.

The kid's eyes went wide. "No! Mr. L! Luigi, please leave him alone!"

I squeezed my eyes shut. It was getting hard to breathe again.

The world started fading away.

"Luigi,"

I opened my eyes. That was a new voice. My vision was blurring. All I could see was...purple.

"That's enough." 

The force around me suddenly dropped. I fell to the ground and started coughing.

"You.....but, you're dead." I heard Luigi say.

Then Luigi softly chuckled. "How many time's have you died now?"

The voice seemed to have a coldness to it. "I've lost count."

My vision was still blurring. All I could see were colors.

Luigi chuckled again. "It's good to see you." The other guy seemed slightly angry. "Sadly, the feeling isn't mutual. No. I want to see the real Luigi. Not the one who dropped me."

Dropped him?

"I AM the real me. Why can't anyone accept that?! Please just go. You of all people should know how desperate I am. Just let me win. Please."

"You're not winning. That book is winning."

"Just stay out of this! I don't need any of you! I just need him!" Luigi pointed down to me.

"In about three minutes, I'll finally be able to do what I've waited years to do."

I slowly shook my head. "You're crazy...." I muttered. Luigi turned to face me. "And you're a brainwashed version of me. What's your point?"

Suddenly, the guy in purple tackled Luigi. "Don't talk to him like that. You've lost your mind, Luigi."

I felt a chill run down my spine, as a memory resurfaced.

"You've lost your mind, Dimentio."

One of the last things I said to him.

I could barely even see what was happening. Just a lot of color.

"Get....off!" Luigi yelled, throwing the guy. He landed on his side then tumbled a little bit. I could see something fall off of him and slide over towards me.