Part 2, Chapter 13

Daisy POV

I stood in shock by that toad's actions, when I heard my sword fall to the ground. I turned to see Dimentio drop to his hands and knees, breathing heavily. I quickly sprinted over to him.

"Well, that hurt." He muttered. His right hand was still holding his side.

"It's still hurting??" I asked. He nodded and squeezed his eyes shut. "It gets worse every time. Last time it took a whole week for my magic to return. Who, ah, ow.... who knows how long it will be this time." 

He lied himself on the ground and curled up. I honestly didn't know what to do. He looked like a sad clown puppy.

He started whimpering. Great. Now he SOUNDED like a sad clown puppy.

I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Hey, shhh, it's alright."

He shook his head. "It's not alright. Nothing is alright. NOTHING ABOUT THIS IS 'ALRIGHT.' L's dead, Luigi's gonna die, then you're probably gonna hate me because I won't be able to save him. And ahh, it hurts so bad. I think I'm gonna die."

I smiled briefly. "You're not gonna die. Quit being a drama queen." He groaned. "My apologies, your highness." I shook my head, "And by the way, we're GOING to find a way to save him. And I'm NEVER going to hate you." 

Yeah....he pretty much continued lying on the ground and whimpering in pain for the rest of the day.

"....Hey, Dimentio, I was wondering. Why exactly are you wanted. I mean, I've got bits and pieces, but what's the whole story?" I blurted out randomly. I've always been kinda curious.

He shrugged, still curled up on the ground. "Well, what's your full story, your Highness?" I smirked. "I asked you first."

"And I'm in an intense amount of pain."

I sighed. "Alright, alright. Well,

Years in the Past

"Your Majesty, the drought here is causing the economy to drop. Something must be done." My chancellor told me. I squeezed my eyes shut. "Well I don't know what to do! I can't control the weather!" He shook his head. "Princess, we need to reach out to other kingdoms and request support."

I let out a breath. I put off doing that because I didn't want to make myself seem weak. I wanted to prove that I could do this on my own.

"Please, princess. We have to reach out. It's okay to ask for help. You don't have to do this alone." I held up a hand. "Okay. Okay..... We'll send troops and request help. Okay?"

He smiled. "Thank you, Your Highness." Then, he left.

I walked over to my windowsill and hugged my knees to my chest.

I was way to young and inexperienced to run a kingdom. Ever since my parents died, I've been nothing but a wreck. All these people need me to be someone I'm not. They're all relying on me, and I can't do it.

When the troops returned, it turned out that not a single Kingdom was willing to offer support. Not even the Mushroom Kingdom, who we were close with. Heck, I was friends with their Princess. I was sure she'd offer help.

But apparently, they already had their hands full. She was being kidnapped or something.....so yeah. That was great.

"Your Majesty," Started my Military leader, barging into my room. I looked down. "Yes?"

"We need to take action. Sarasaland is falling. If we don't do something, we'll all be weak. The people are protesting. We're going to be overthrown. We have to act." I was getting frustrated. I angrily pulled at my hair. "Well, what do you expect me to do?! I don't know what to do! I shouldn't even be the ruler! I'm not prepared. I can't do this! I've asked for help. But no one is helping!!!"