two-Tim

D–Vol.1

Two

            Tim watched as Malia excused herself from the table. Not long after he took out his phone and immediately began with his mini investigation. He took out his earpiece until it was able to pick up Malia's conversation.

".... they escaped!"

"Alice calmed down, it'll be alright. What happened?"

He could sense the panic from the caller's voice and if he guessed right, something bad had happened.

Unfortunately, Tim wasn't as concerned with the situation on the other end, though rather the identity of the caller did.

Alice.

It's not that Malia had mentioned the name before but the name struck him with a sense of familiarity yet he had no recollection of ever meeting her. Before, Tim had also conducted research on Malia's identity without Bruce's acknowledgement and seeing as she had a clean record, he silently approved of her. Plus, Malia seemed genuinely kind even if they had just met.

Dick seemed to have warmed up to her and so did Barbara and Stephanie despite only meeting her briefly.

Malia Crowne was a direct descendant from the Crowne family. One of the five founders of Gotham city. She owned a flower shop near Robinson Park, but before that, she opened her home to orphans who ran from their orphanages. It was skeptical at first, but records have shown that these children had been taken care of very well until they reached adulthood. Some had left positive comments and written stories about their experience during her stay with her.

But he also found out she had taken 4 girls under her care right after Malia ended her career as a caretaker and started her florist business.

Denise Fenton, Althea Grace, Alice Welbert and Noel Knight.

No further information was provided.

Whoever built their firewall was smart.

Tim continued to poke and probe on this Alice Welbert. Going as far as on the internet but found nothing. Not a single article or small info could spare him the details.

"So..." Bruce started, "What do you guys think?"

Tim arched one of his brow at the man before resuming his work. He never got to see this side of Bruce Wayne before during his previous relationships. Bruce looked smitten and... in peace whenever Malia was around and he noticed how they were always standing side by side, not once did they leave each other's company. He could see the same for Malia.

"I think she's nice!" Dick smiled. "Best one so far."

Barbara rolled her eyes at him but nodded in agreement. "I remembered Malia since I was little. She used to live next to our apartment and brought some leftovers when dad's busy. I swear Malia doesn't look like she aged a bit." She whistled.

"And she has four girls! Finally, more to expand the girl group." Stephanie beamed.

"Maybe next time you'll get to meet them." Bruce said, "From what I heard, they're quite... special."

Tim frowned at his screen. "There's nothing about them on the internet." He pocketed his phone. "I can't get access to their personal files either."

"If you can't, then imagine me." Barbara said.

"Then you just have to meet them in person." The dark knight shook his head. "All of you. No more invading their privacies."

Malia finally returned to their table, although the crease between her eyebrows silently told them there's something wrong. They shared a look with Bruce, seeing if he noticed this as well.