Pranks

*Allison's P.O.V*

I spent the first day of my return exploring all of the castle, finding familiar rooms and rooms that I had never even been near before. I also allied myself with the guards who were reluctant to allow me to set up pranks for Maxon and Annabelle but eventually agreed. The only reason they agreed was because I promised to leave the guards out of my pranks. Plus I think they wanted to see me get away with my pranks.

I had also upset the guards a fair amount seeing as I had jumped the fence that led to Grant's pen instead of going through the gait. I wasn't really paying attention to what they said but they mentioned something about if I ended up hurt then they would be in so much trouble. I was just excited to see Grant again and he was very happy to see me too. I spent a full day with him until he finally let me leave.

Navi was also happy to see me and refused to leave me alone, sitting on my shoulder like a parrot as I walked around. She was beautiful as ever and wasn't quite that big yet but her claws were quite sharp. She seemed to think her kneading into my shoulder was affection and didn't hurt me at all when it seemed to rip up my shoulder every time.

I set to work arranging some deals with the guards for help with a promise of pulling a prank on Caspian in front of the entire guard the next time I got the chance. I explore the entire ground floor of the castle several times over to make sure that I would have every door and window covered. I may have also ran around the castle in a flowy dress for the dramaticness of it all.

In doing so I found out that Annabelle and Maxon had set up a nursery for me. It was done in a nice shade of light blue. The trim of the room was a darker blue and there was also a crib that was mainly white with purple accents to it. I didn't know why they bothered putting a bed in there seeing as I would always sleep in their bed. It was their job to give me cuddles when I so demanded and I wanted cuddles all the time so they were not getting any peace and quiet.

I set to work setting up pranks to end the pranks for once and all. The guards left me to my own devices and basically barricaded themselves in their barracks since they had a canteen and a fully stocked kitchen. The maids didn't really want me to prank anyone but helped put up the valuable stuff and moved the rugs so they didn't get ruined from some of my more messy pranks. I worked for several days and nights to set everything up but my traps had been carefully laid out.

I watched Annabelle and Maxon walk through the castle gates from my spot on the balcony, smiling slightly. I saw Elena, Abel, Celestria and Sol walk through the gates behind them. I wasn't really trying to prank them but I could not say that I felt bad about the idea of pranking them. I mean there were always casualties in war and this was a pranking war so obviously they were just going to be the casualties at this time. I only would have felt bad if it had gotten Olli and Leah but they had been spared since they were presumably with Michelle and Caspian wherever they were.

I waited for the door below the balcony to open, smirking when I heard Maxon swear and the sound of liquid hitting the ground. I had decided to use paint as my prank as an ode to when Maxon threw paint at Annabelle and it seemed that my paint had hit the mark. I made my way back to their bedroom, having prepped it to be a safety center to hide from the wrath that I might cause. I locked the door and hid myself in the fort that I had made under their bed, curling up with my snacks and juice that I had.

I ate my snacks as I waited for them to finally arrive, knowing that they then would have to complete riddles that I made to find the key. The riddles would have pranks in them as well so I was hoping that they were so tired out from having to deal with them that I could escape any of their wrath. I paused as I heard steps, curling up slightly as I heard the doorknob rattle. I frowned when I heard the lock click and wondered if they had already found the key. Another idea that just occurred to me was that they may have a spare key.

"Allison," I heard Annabelle's voice say and peeked out from under the blanket that hung off their bed, noticing that she was covered in paint, confetti, and glitter. Maxon was covered in a similar paint but had egg yolks and paper covering him. I smirked as they made their way into the room and looked up, smiling when they stopped right where I needed them too. I pushed the button that I had and watched as the water cascaded down on them, making me giggle softly.

"Check the room for any more pranks before we get Allison," I heard Maxon whisper. I smirked as I heard them move around and watched as Annabelle opened the bathroom door carefully, jumping slightly when a balloon popped. I had taped a tack on the back on the door handle so that when the door opened it would pop a balloon.

I turned my attention to Maxon who had opened a dresser drawer only to have cottage thrown in his face. I bit my lip to hold in my laugh as cottage cheese was flung into his face. The miracle that a few springs could do to help with pranks was astonishing.

"Maxon, there is a snake in our bath tub," Annabelle said as she exited the bathroom, looking pale in the face. I waited for her to be far away from the bedroom door, rolling out from under their bed and making a break for it. "Allison," Annabelle said as I made it out the door. I turned to look at her as Navi ran from down the hallway and jumped on my shoulder. I pulled her off my shoulder and held her close to me while petting her. I bet I looked like a villain but I didn't really care.

"See you later, we can talk when you calm down and maybe clean up. It's not befitting of the queen to look so dreadful darling. And be nice to the snake, his name is Fang," I said before I took off running, holding Navi as still as I could. "We might be in trouble Navi," I whispered to the cat as I heard Annabelle call after me.