Goodbye

You all have no idea how much I want to kill off one of the main characters, I won't but I want to so bad.

*Allison's P.O.V*

I finished helping Annabelle pack and by finishing helping her, I meant that I had gotten bored and left. Maxon had agreed to take me to find Penelope to say my goodbyes. I found her talking to Queen Cecilia, asking questions about her mother which she had no memory of. I walked up behind the two of them since it seemed like the Queen was trying to teach Penelope how to navigate the castle.

"Boo," I said, making the Queen jump. I smiled as Penelope rolled her eyes, turning to face the sound of my voice.

"What do you want?" she said, sounding annoyed at my very presence. I knew that meant that she was in a good mood as if she was unhappy then she would have greeted me with a smile.

"I am just saying goodbye to you before I leave," I said as I flicked her forehead, stepping back before she could kick or hit me.

"You are leaving?" she said, her tone showing that she was upset. Queen Cecilia gently wrapped her arm around Penelope's shoulders, frowning when Penelope shoved her arm off. "And Sasha is gone as well? I will be alone," she said, sounding extremely upset.

"I'm not gone, I am in hiding," Sasha said as she peered out from behind a pillar. "My grandmother is scary so I shall hide," she stated as she rolled across the floor, acting like a very overdramatic spy. She hopped up with a a small smile on her lips.

"As the leader of the guild, you should really act more mature," I said with a grin, giggling when she glared at me.

"I know you did not just talk to me about being mature," she snorted as she rolled her eyes. "Penelope, cover your ears," she said while half-heartedly covering Penelope's ears.

"Stop it," Penelope said with a huff as she pushed Sasha's hands away. "I am more mature than both of you," she stated with a smile.

"Lies," I retorted as I noticed Queen Cecilia watching us with amusement. I imagined that this was the most that Penelope had ever spoken, especially with the Queen.

"I speak no lies, I only speak the truth," Penelope retorted as she crossed her arms over her chest. "I have never told a lie Auntie," she told Cecilia as she lightly grabbed her hand. Cecilia smiled at the action as she looked down at Penelope.

"I believe you dear," Cecilia assured Penelope with a soft grin. Sasha and I exchanged a glance and burst into laughter earning a glare from Cecilia. It was clear that she had already fallen under Penelope's persuasion of never doing anything wrong.

"You keep thinking that she doesn't lie your majesty, I'll be the one to laugh in your face when you're proved wrong," I informed her as I smiled innocently. Maxon pulled me back slightly with a soft sigh escaping him.

"Weren't you just supposed to say your goodbyes and not anger Queen Cecilia?" he asked me teasingly. I stuck my tongue out as I hid behind him with a small huff escaping me.

"I did say goodbye," I pointed out as I snuck out from behind him and approached Penelope quietly. "Boo," I said, making her kick at me. She caught me in the shin causing me to whine.

"Don't try and scare me again," she stated with a frown. I was surprised when she hugged me as she normally never did hugs. She often said that they made her feel trapped so I hesitantly returned the hug, being careful to not hug too tightly. Sasha joined in on our hug as she wrapped her arms around both of us.

"I'll miss this once I leave," I said with a frown. "Although I'm hoping to convince the magic man I know to help me be able to come back to the guild wherever you go," I stated while looking at Sasha. She nodded with a small smile.