*ੈ is that cool with you? ✩‧₊˚

Start from the beginning

You didn't give one back. He sighed. "Let's go."

When your arrived you say besides your father. The two gave your dad an odd look. He was just as confused till he realized you were beside him. He sighed. "C'mon baby. You gotta toughen up." He picks you up.

"Where's Korras room?" He turned to Tonraq and Senna. "Down the hall."  Your father nods and walks down the hall.

Knocking before entering. Korra was on her bed, playing with some water. "Hello, Korra." He smiles at her,

She turns her head and jumps off and runs up to you. You flinch back and hide behind your dads leg. "This is [P/N]! They are your age and I think you two will get along wonderfully." He moves to the side.

Your glossy eyes meet her fierce ones. You wipe your runny nose and look down right after. She holds her hand out. "Hi! I'm Korra." She grins cutely at you.

You look up. A light blush on your face. "[P/N]." You spit nervously. "This meeting will end soon okay? Get to know each-other." He kissed your cheek. The door closing shortly after.

["My dad understood I was shy at my age. He really bent his back as far as he could for me. I was so awkward sweet spirits." You chuckle out breathily. "Wow, like you aren't any awkward still. Absolutely not." Mako rolls his eyes playfully at you. You gasp offended as ever. "I'm hurt! I made human progress." You huff shortly. "It's okay. Your a beautiful work in progress [P/N]." Bolin sends a smile at you. You merely grunt in response.]

You two sat in a awkward silence. She put her finger up, like she was gonna say something but then stopped. Like she didn't know what to say either.

"So. Hi [P/N]!" She turns to you gently. You jump and wave. Your eyes tearing up slowly. Korra covered her mouth as your cheeks get stained with hot tears.

Embarrassment flooding your face. 3 words and you were done for. "Sorry! Did I.. say something wrong?" She puts her hand out. Placing it on your cheek.

You freeze in her touch, you look into her eyes. The fierceness not there. Only kindness. That stare isn't a stare you get from anyone but your father.

You lean closer to her. "No. Sorry.. I'm sorry." You sniff, your hands clasping onto her hand on your cheek.

She blushed a bit as she smiled. "Does that mean you like me?" She exclaimed excitedly. You giggled, flinching a bit at the sudden loudness. "Yeah." You state simply but Korra was over the moon.

"Awesome! Wanna play with dollies?" You turn your head to the basket of stuffed animals, dolls and figurines. You nod ecstatically.

"I'll save you!" Avatar Aang figure cries out. "Boom! Pew!" You made the sound affects as the bended rocks fell over. "Ahh! You wont get away with this." You did a bad Ozai impression. "I just did!" Korra jumps up and picks up your figure.

"My hero." You cooed as Korra made them kiss. You two giggle in unison.

You two make eye contact for a bit. "You know what. I'm gonna call you doll." She smiled innocently. You tilt your head. "Oh? Why." You asked, sitting back on the bed. Korra joining you in suit.

"Cause your as cute as a doll!" She hands you princess sugar plum. "Your as pretty as her." She smiles. You couldn't help but flush at the compliment. "Well.. your just as pretty as Lady twinkle toes!" You chirp.

["So that's where the 'doll' nickname came from huh?" Mako smiled. "Yeah. Ever since then, it was normal for me." You blush a bit. "What? Jealous that Korra finds me cute Mako?" You send a stare at him. Making his heart pound and his face heat up a bit. He regained his composure and merely scoffed. "Me? Jealous? Continue with the story 'doll.'" He purrs in a flirtatious manor. It rolls off his tongue perfectly. You rolled your eyes.]

Korra giggling. "Thank you [P/N]. It was fun today, you should come by soon again!" She begged. You nodded. "Kay! I'll ask daddy if I can."  You held her hand.

She cheered happily. Your father entering the room. His brow raising playfully. "Now what happened here?" He turned to the two children on the bed.

"We played avatar aang and we defeated the fire lord!" You bounce excitedly. Your father picking you up. "Really? Tell me all about it when we get home." He smiles.

"Can [P/N] come visit again please Mister [L/N]!" Korra begged. Your father smiled. "Of course they can."

Korra cheered and escorted you two to the door.

"Overheard Korra. Looks like someone made a new friend." Tonraq hoops your nose. You whining a bit. The two men chuckled.

"I'll see you tomorrow [P/N]! Bye!" She calls to you. You wave goodbye as you hugged your fathers neck.

You smile warmly. "The rest was history. Then the day we came to the republic! I.. feel bad Tonraq was the man who broke the news I was leaving with the avatar to my father and not me." You sigh painfully.

"His only kid, running away with the avatar. He must've popped a vessel just to see me gone one day." You run your hands through your hair.

"Why didn't you tell him?" Bolin quirks in. You genuinely thought about it.

There was nothing.

"I just.. didn't tell him I guess. I felt like he'd hold me back. The sadness on his face if I told him. I couldn't bare it." You sigh. "I'm his only family left. Leaving with the avatar is dangerous. He'd hold me back." You rest your head in your knees.

"Well that's understandable. This is a hard task you have [P/N]. Helping the avatar isn't easy. Somethings are gonna pop up of course." Mako makes a good point.

"Your gonna get hurt more than seeing your father face when you have to go."
"I know but that doesn't make it any easier."

The room went silent. "This air is getting thick. How about we go hang out with Asami and Korra?" Bolin jumps up, dusting himself off.

"Yeah. I need some fresh air." You jump up as well. Mako  following in suit.

You opened the temple doors and out you three were. You and Mako fell behind Bolin as he was blabbering about something you two didn't care much to listen to.

"Hey. [P/N]?" He turned his attention to you. You did the same. "Yes?" You replied. "What I said in the dorms.. was uncalled for. I grew up an orphan so I don't know how hard leaving parents is. But I have a brother and I can't imagine leaving him." Mako apologizes awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

You smile back at him. "It's okay Mako. Really, it is. I was a coward to not tell my dad. Can't believe my neighbor had to bare the bad news to my father. That's honestly pathetic." You laugh.

"So no worries man! I really needed to hear that." You pat his back as you catch up to Bolin. Mako smiled softly, blushing as he slowly trotted up to walk behind the two of you.