What If Chapter 13: The Love

Y/N wakes up with his single kakugan activated. He touches right before his eye and deactivates it before sitting up. "I need to move out before Koutarou finds out," he softly said. "I can only imagine his reaction to finding out I'm a ghoul."

He gets out of bed and walks out of his room. "Koutarou?" he said now out. He looked around and saw a note on the counter. "Left for the day. I'll be back around 9 maybe," Y/N read.

He tosses the note aside and stretches his limbs. With his kakugan activated, he says "I should probably look for a place to move to. Cheap but not bad. It's only a matter of time before he finds out and I don't want to fight my cousin. Not again."

Later, Y/N and Touka were in Anteiku doing their normal shift. While Y/N was cleaning the front desk, Touka came by to pick up some plates. Kaya was near and asks Touka "I hear that you're planning on getting into Kamii, is that right?"

"That's right," Touka answered. "I hope I can get in."

"I'm sure you will," Kaya told her.

"Thanks," she responded.

Kaya looks over and sees Y/N almost done with cleaning the front desk. "What about you, Y/N?" she asked. "Are you also trying to get into Kamii?"

"No," he answered.

Kaya looks at him slightly confused. "Why is that?"

"I just don't want to. Besides, there are plenty of other things I can do without going to college," Y/N explained.

"That is true," responded Kaya.

"Yeah," he agreed before finishing up with the desk and walking away.

Touka puts the plates down. "I'll be right back," she alerted Kaya.

"I understand."

Touka goes to where she saw her boyfriend go and sees him getting some plates from the backroom. "Hey," Touka said.

"Hey," Y/N said back while making sure that the plates he had were clean.

Touka wasn't sure how to naturally take the conversation to where she wanted it to go. So instead of beating around the brush, she bluntly asks him "is the reason you're not going to college because of you becoming a ghoul?"

Y/N looks at her utterly confused. "Before I answer, can I ask why you're asking me this question?"

"Because you have changed since you have become one. I just feel that you feel that you can no longer live a normal life anymore because of the transformation that you've gone through," Touka said with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Touka," he said while putting down the plates and walking over to her.

"Is it true?" Touka asks him which stopped the man in his tracks.

He looks at her and sighs. "Admittedly, yes," he answered.

A single tear falls from Touka's left eye. "I'm so sorry," she told him.

"Touka," he said while continuing his walk to her.

"I ruined your life," she said as more tears fall from her eyes as if they were storm clouds during a hurricane.

"Touka!" he said firmly as he grabbed onto her. She stopped and looked at him with a hint of confusion. He pulls her into a hug and tells her "it's ok. I know you did this for my safety."

She buries her head into his chest and says "but I still shouldn't have done it! I changed so much of your life because of my own selfish reasons."