Chapter 10: The Rescue

A group of ghouls in masks and robes were running up a flight of stairs. "Damn, where is the crazy son of bitch, Yamori?" one of the ghouls asked. 

"He's probably in the hobby room again," one of the ghouls suggested.

"The hobby room?" the ghoul questioned. 

"Yeah, he must've gotten himself a new toy," another ghoul said. 

"Toy?" the ghoul questioned again. "Wait, what squad are you guys in again?"

In a split second, the ghoul that asked that question head was cut off. "What squad?" the ghoul that attacked inquired. 

The squad of ghouls including the human Y/N ran through the halls of Aogiri Tree's base

The squad of ghouls including the human Y/N ran through the halls of Aogiri Tree's base. Tsukiyama swings his kagune wildly while repeating "masticate!" over and over again. 

"Why are you wearing your normal mask?" Nishiki asked Tsukiyama. "And why are you wearing your mask too Y/N?" 

"We didn't have enough, remember?" Y/N retorted. 

The squad continues to search the base. Y/N felt disgusted working with Tsukiyama considering the past and that he tried to use him for a meal meant for Kaneki. But he knew that he would be helpful in saving his best friend. 

"Hopefully, he dies here and neither I and Kaneki will have to worry about him," Y/N thought. 

While running through the building, Touka looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was holding where Mado stabbed him. "Y/N, I think you should leave," she told him. 

"Why?" 

"Look at yourself," she retorted while gesturing to his stab wound. 

"Touka, I'm fine," he told her. "I didn't take my pills so I'm gonna be healing rather quickly." 

Touka looked at him and saw the determination in his eyes. That told her no matter what she said, it wouldn't convince him to turn around and leave. "I'll just have to keep him save from what happens." 

While still on their hunt, they run into another group of ghouls. Immediately, a fight starts and Y/N backs up and readies himself to pull out the quinque that he gained from Mado. Out of nowhere, a ghoul comes from behind him and picks the human up. 

Y/N pulls out Fueguchi One and uses it to stab the ghoul in the leg. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!" the man feeding being screamed before throwing Y/N out a window. 

"Y/N!!!" Touka screamed while running to the window. She nearly jumped out before the ghoul that threw him grabbed her. 

Y/N slowly got up and looked to where everyone was fighting. He put the quinque away and ran to a nearby door and re-entered the building. He began running through the building and try to get back to where he was with his friends and girlfriend.