seven

i'd be lying to myself if i said that i hadn't thought about that night with kai the entire weekend. it was on replay in my head since the night i came back home. and i ended up sleeping in his hoodie too which just smelt so good. i also was going through all the pictures and videos i managed to grab of him. they made me happy.

i hadn't actually seen kai in college today which did bum me out a little inside. i was also debating on telling davina all the stuff that has happened but at the same time, i did kinda realise it was all just pretty normal stuff. but if it was normal, then i can just tell her right? fuck. you know what i'm just not going to mention it until kai mentions it to her. on the other hand though, hayley already knew everything that was happening with kai. and she was very excited about it too. not to mention that her and noah were really hitting it off too.

i look around where we were sitting before looking back down at my artwork.

"who you looking for?" davina asks, nudging me.

i roll my eyes, "kai." i say, looking back down.

"oh, he's coming in a little while. he made a new friend too so she's coming along as well." she says.

no. jealousy is an ugly emotion. we do not feel that. but who was she? how did she look? why is this the first time i'm hearing about her? well, shes new, duh athena.

i look down at my work, trying to detail the eyes with my pencil. i was drawing hayley and davina for it and i did love the way it was turning out.

"you always manage to make me look hot." davina says, looking at my sketchbook.

"no, it's because you're naturally hot." i say, raising my eyebrows at her.

"aw, are you guys talking about me?" i hear a voice. i look up to see a smug smirk plastered along his face and next to him, i see another girl. she was really pretty. she had platinum blonde hair, freckles on her small nose and she was dressed very much emo. the fishnets, the overload of silver chains. it wasn't necessarily a bad thing, i just didn't expect it.

"i love your outfit." i smile, looking at her. part of me was a little jealous i guess but it was because she was prettier than me. i didn't need to necessarily hate her though because i needed to learn to give people the benefit of the doubt sometimes, even if my gut feeling said something different.

"hey, this is charlie." kai says. i wave smiling and she nods at me smiling, looking at davina.

"i'm davina and this is athena." davina says, knowing how shit i was at introducing myself to other people. they both sit down and the entire time, all i could think about was how close she was sitting to kai. i wasn't even being weird, because at one point, she put her hands on his thigh and even davina looked at me like what-the-fuck.

after a while, she leaves and its just us three again.

"she was ahem touchy." davina says, looking at kai. i focus on his features and he looks at me, his one eyebrow raising ever so slightly.

"yeah okay and? i need to get laid at some point don't i?" kai says, shrugging, his eyes still focused on me. i knew he was trying to get a reaction from me but i didn't because i wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

"whatever." davina says. "love the fact thats all you think about."

"a guy has needs." kai says.

"you're an asshole." davina smiles.

"anyways, enough about her, we are all going to liam's party right?" davina says, changing the topic. "it's tonight."

we had a day off tomorrow so liam decided to host a last minute party even if it was in the middle of the week.

"yes, i am. i am also staying over because i want to get black out drunk and i'm technically not allowed to be drinking. also liam basically lives in a big ass mansion." i smile, looking at davina.

"that sounds good. i'm going to be sober, hopefully. not going to stay over though. i need my own bed." davina says.

"i feel that but if i go back, drunk, my parents would kill me." i say.

"liam's inviting quite a lot of people though you know?" davina says. "like it's going to be one of those american type parties with red solo cups and people passed out everywhere." davina says.

"god, i hope not. i gotta help clean up the next morning." i grunt.

"i hope i meet some cute boy. i hope you do too." davina says, and that's what caught kai's attention too, his eyes looking between us rather than his phone. as difficult as it was to say it to myself, the first cute guy that came to mind was kai. i did want to get laid though. it would be quite nice, but also very irresponsible.

"i hope i meet someone as well, might as well get laid too." i say and i could literally feel kai's piercing gaze on me. well, i was right? maybe all i needed was a night to get this stupid little attraction out my head. it was a stupid little crush anyway.

i knew davina could feel the tension between kai and i. she knew there was something going on between us, she just never really wanted to mention or address it, which i was thankful for.

a/n: short chapter but next one is gunna be longer i promise :D hope u liked bb! vote & comment !
<3