[ 18 ] archangel

Chan has done a lot of difficult things in the twenty-three years he's lived.

It was hard for him to leave home to pursue his dream of becoming an idol.

It was hard for him to stay strong and comfort Felix when he got eliminated.

It's been hard for him as the leader of one of the biggest boy groups in Korea.

Chan feels like he's been to hell and back countless of times, and he's managed to face all his problems with as much strength as he could.

But pressing that block button was probably the hardest thing he's ever done.

It had been painful.

It had been so hard.

But he did put up a fight.

He fought for her.

"It's for the best," the staff had told him.

He didn't listen to them.

"It's for your mental health," his manager had told him.

He brushed him away.

"She'll be fine without you," the company had told him.

He told the company to back off.

He didn't want anyone to take her away from him.

But there's only so much an idol under a strict company can do.

It felt like he had yelled at those people for hours, told them that they just didn't understand, but it's like his words only fell on deaf ears. They didn't care about her, they didn't care about him, they only cared about the company's image.

They threatened his career if he didn't block her.

Chan had never felt so pissed off.

He did what he was told with shaky hands and a raw throat, because there was nothing else for him to do. Because they just wouldn't listen to him.

But he did manage to get a word in for her before the staff could stop him, but he knew a sorry could never cut it.

Chan is going to hurt her.

The rest of the boys are in that conference room too, as well as Mayu who's sitting beside Jeongin, and Chan watches them all do the same.

He avoids their eyes when they cast worried looks his way.

Chan only slowly glances up from his phone with a sharp glare directed at the staff before him, his jaw tight, and his hands clenched into fists.

Fuck.

His managers have the audacity to congratulate him. They say they are proud of him. They say he can now focus on their comeback. 

What utter bullshit.

They don't know her like he does.

They don't know what they just made him go through.

They don't know what they're going to make her go through.

They don't know.

"I promise I'll never hurt you ever again, angel."

Oh, how stupid he had been.

Chan harshly stands from his seat, too fast and too quick that he knocks the chair behind him to the ground. He gives each of his managers the dirtiest glare he can muster before spinning on his heel and walking out of the conference room. He thinks he can hear Mayu calling after him, but he doesn't stop. He doesn't look back.