[ 07 ] brownies are important

Hyunjin is talking now, phone in his hand as he reads the comments people are leaving on the livestream, Changbin peering curiously over his shoulder.

I'd be laughing at Hyunjin's reaction to a comment if I wasn't paying attention to someone else. If I wasn't watching Chan. Chan, who's still staring at his phone, his blush slowly creeping up his neck, flushing across his cheeks and his ears, his mouth falling open as he reads his phone screen.

My own face is red as I watch him. The others haven't seemed to notice his dilemma yet, and I squeeze my phone tightly, inhaling sharply when I watch with wide eyes as Chan slowly begins to type back.

The first thing he says to me in weeks is my name followed by multiple question marks.

I laugh, a short snort, and type back. My hands are shaking, but I can see Chan's are too.

me
you've unblocked me

chan
are you watching the stream???

me
you replied

me
you're receiving my texts

I see Chan frustratingly scrub a hand through his hair before he's furiously typing back.

chan
i'm sorry

chan
i'm SO sorry

chan
i couldn't do anything, and people were saying shit about you on the internet and i couldn't do anything and i'm so sorry

chan
mayu said something to our manager and i unblocked you straight away but then we had to do this live. i swear i was going to text you after

Through my laptop screen, I can see Chan leaning back in his chair, eyebrows furrowed as his fingers fly across his phone, all his attention from the live shifted onto his phone. The boys around him still haven't noticed.

me
chan, it's ok. it's fine. mayu told me

chan
you don't understand, it's not fine

chan
i promised i'd text you

chan
i promised i would but i didn't and im so goddamn sorry

My heart absolutely soars.

me
i know, i don't blame u, it's ok

chan
i'm sorry

me
me too

me
but u should probably stop looking grumpy. i think people in chat are starting to notice

In an instant, Chan is snapping his gaze up to the camera, away from his phone, and it's so sudden and so quick that my breath hitches.

Jeongin, who's sitting next to him, seems to notice how Chan is acting now. He's also reading the chat, and he must have caught someone pointing it out. Changbin is saying something too loud for me to catch what Jeongin is muttering to Chan, but Chan doesn't look at him.

He's looking straight at the camera as if he's looking straight into my soul, and his heart-shaped lips stretch into the most handsome grin I've ever seen.

He quickly ducks his head to text me again.

chan
you're evil

chan
you're watching, aren't you?