Chapter 21

When I wake up we had to get ready. Both Jacks were up and so was Matt. I did not want to get up but I had to. When I get up I go over to my suitcase. What to wear? There was a knock at the door.
"Nicole can you get the door?" Matt shouts.
"Yea." I reply sleepily and my voice very quiet. My voice hurt like crazy and I had a headache. When I open the door I find the orange haired girl standing there.
"Hey Nicole! I'm Mahogany." She says.
"Hi." I say with a small smile.
"So I was wondering if you already know what you were going to wear?" She asks me. I shake my head and loom at what I'm wearing. Basketball shorts and a red t shirt. "Awesome. I was wondering if you wanted to match today?" She asks me.
"Sure." I say and she hands me a bag.
"Perfect. Oh um this is a gift from one girl to another." She says smiling.
"Thanks." I say and smile a little.
"Well I'll let you get ready. See you in a few!" She says and walks away. She was in a good mood.

I walk back into the bedroom and change into the Jean shorts she got me and I put on a black laced bra since it was the only black one I could find. My head kept pounding. I had to get some medicine.
"Matt?" I call out the best I can. No one answers. Why is this so difficult? I walk out of the bedroom to find Matt. "Matt do you have anything I can ta-" before I finish I see all the boys are in our room. Great I had to walk out like this.
"Did you forget to put some clothes on?" Taylor asks. I shake my head.
"No." I say as Matt walks up to me.
"What's up?" He asks me.
"Do you have anything I can take for a headache?" I ask him. He nods and walks back into the room. Matt grabs a small blue bottle from his bag and hands me two pills.
"Here." He says handing me a water bottle from the nightstand.
"Thanks." I say as I take the pills.
"I'll leave you to finish getting ready." He says then walks out of the room. I pull on a white sweater with the words Omaha in grey. Opposite of Mahogany's but hers says "Canada." Then I pull on a pair of grey knee high socks with grey vans. Mahogany and I wore the same with but opposite colors. I quickly go do my makeup and straighten my hair, put on deodorant and spray myself with perfume. I pin back some bangs and walk out to the others after I brush my teeth.

"Everyone ready?" I ask. They all nods. "Let's go." I say and we all leave our hotel room. I was the last one to leave because everyone else was screaming and shouting. I couldn't handle it right now. Hopefully it gets better when the meds kick in. I feel someone grab my wrist and it scares me.
"Sorry didn't mean to scare you." Sam says. I let out the breath I was holding.
"It's okay." I say and continue walking.
"Does your voice still hurt?" He asks me. I nod. "And I heard you have a headache. It doesn't sound like you're feeling the best." He says with concern in his voice. "I can ask Bart if you don't have to perform today because of how you're feeling. I'll stay there and help you get better." He suggests. I take that thought into consideration, but I remember that these girls came here to see Sam and I don't want to take that away from them.
"No it's fine. I've had to perform through worse." I tell him. I have had to perform through much worse. When I was on tour with the Janoskians I had a fever, a stomachache, and a headache. I guess you could say that I was pretty sick that performance. Sam grabs my hand and I lay my head on his shoulder. I wasn't feeling good at all but I had to go. I couldn't let Sam skip this because of me.

We eventually made it down to the ballroom and there was food set up for us. I just grabbed a banana and a water. Sam grabs a real breakfast and sits down next to me. At our table was just me and Sam. Until the one kid I don't know sat down next to Sam.
"Hey man." Sam says doing a little handshake. I take a sip of my water.
"Who's this beauty?" The kid asks.
"This is Nicole Hanes." He says smiling at me. "Nicole this is my best friend Nate Maloley, but we call him Skate." He says and Skate smiles. I nod my head and he looks at me.
"You're Nicole Hanes? As in like the singer?" He asks me. I nod. "You're even more beautiful in person." He says smiling. I didn't feel anything when he said that. That normally would have made me blush or even giggle but I felt nothing. I just ate my banana in silence as everyone else talked.