Chapter 13

Sam's POV

Nicole has been in the hospital for a week now. I was starting to get really worried. We haven't hear any news on her. Yes I cheated on her, but it is the one thing I regret because I love her. I always have.

While Nicole was gone I didn't see anything in trying. She always helped me and she was always there to motivate me. She never once gave up on me. I didn't on her either but I couldn't handle her not here. I missed her smile, her laugh, her sense of humor. Everything. I missed her eyes looking into mine and her lips meeting mine the most. She meant everything to me.

I was sitting in my room slowly stunning my guitar when I get a FaceTime call from Jack J. I answer it and prop it up so I don't have to hold my phone.
"Hey Sam. You ok?" He asks.
"No." I reply as I strum a D cord.
"Everything will be okay. I promise." Jack says to me.
"That's the problem. She hasn't woken up in a week. It feels worse than how she left for tour. Because this time she may never come back." I say and I feel tears could my eyes.
"Sam she's going to be okay. You just have to have faith in her. That's what she wouldn't want you to do." Jack explains. I nod. That's what she would want.
"Hey Jack I've got to go. I'll talk to you later." I say to him.
"Alright. Bye." He says and I hang up. I quickly put on some shoes and run out of my house to my car.

In 15 minutes I arrive at the hospital. The receptionist was sitting there flipping through a magazine when I walk up.
"What room is Nicole Hanes staying in?" I ask.
"367." She tells me. I thank her and walk to the elevator. 3rd floor. When the door opens I quickly go left and find it. Room 367. Quietly I open the door and and walk in. Nicole was laying there with different things hooked up to her. Her appearance made me feel awful. She was pale and bruised. I saw a cuts on her face from the windshield and cuts on her wrists. Those weren't from the accident. I also saw one big cut on her hand. It was a fine cut. I was able to see what was wrong and exactly what happened. The cuts on her hand and face was from glass, they found the seatbelt cut in the car and a good sized piece of glass with her blood on it. The cuts on her arm were from metal, and she has bruises to the bicep and chest area. Those could have been from when she fell from the tree. She was lucky that she didn't break her back. She was small fractures that would heal in a month. I couldn't believe that this happened to her. Why? There was a chair next to the bed that I decided to sit down in.
"Hey Nicole. It's Sam." I say looking up at her. Now I know what she felt like when Matt was in the hospital. "I'm so sorry that this happened. I-I never wanted you to get hurt ever. From me or from anything else. I'm so sorry. When you left I couldn't get you off of my mind. More so than usual. You were all I ever thought about. I was so upset when you left. I couldn't handle it. I'm so sorry that I cheated on you. It was the only thing I could do to keep you off my mind. I-I never should have. When I think about you it makes me happy. But for a week my life was awful because I thought you were leaving to get away from me. I'm so sorry. When I found out that you and Jack had become close I shut him out. I shit everyone out except for my friend Skate...well Nate Maloley. He's a lot like you. Always treats people correctly. He was the one person who knew what I was going through. I miss you so much Nicole. I'm so sorry I wasn't here to help prevent this. I love you so much Nicole. Cheating on you was the dumbest thing I can ever do. I'm so sorry." I say and a few tears fall onto Nicole's hand as I was holding it. I look up at her and she lays there motionless. The only thing she could do was fight. Fight for her precious life. "You can win this battle Nicole. But if you want to let go...then let go. It's okay. Be where you want to be." I say before more tears fall on to her ice cold hands.