However, her behavior became even stranger when she began speaking. Everything was normal—her voice, tone, words. But it was her hands that caught his eye. They were neatly placed atop each other, but one hand was much more tense. And then he saw it. The nail of her thumb pressing into her finger, the skin around it was red.

What's up with her? Is she feeling sick? He thought.

When Manager Kim sent everyone off, she met his eyes. But Yoongi figured he should mind his own business.

***

The last cut was called. And another episode of their variety series was successfully shot. As always they hoped their fans would enjoy their segments as much as they enjoy shooting it. RM was surprised that they responded well to something as simple as the group playing parlor games in the studio. They had a lot of funny and cute moments so he had high hopes that this episode would be a success.

The tired idols lounged around in the dressing room where they had changed out of their costumes into their usual wardrobe. They sat three to each sofa with RM on a chair nearby, waiting for their personal assistant to arrive for a little surprise. Sporadic bursts of laughter always sprinkled in their lively chatter.

"Hey, when we bring Myung Hee her cake, should we sing 'please, don't go' in the tune of happy birthday?" Jimin suggested.

Next to him, Jin laughed but entertained the idea. "Myung Hee gajimaseyo, Myung Hee gajimaseyo," the oldest member sang before his giggles took over.

"Jebal gajima, eomeoniiiim. Jeba-l gajimaaa~!" Jimin finished with a big smile. Others joined in at the very end but repeated the song in jest, only to add their silly and animated embellishments.

Yoongi, though contributing like the others, did so with his head laid back and his eyes closed. His deep voice added a baritone in the mix. V next to him had an odd opera thing going on while Hoseok and Jimin were adding weird arm and neck choreography. The two took it a step further and got up to improvise a mime-like act where one was begging the other to stay.

"Do you wanna make her think we really can't manage without her?" Yoongi scoffed, now looking at them with a tired smile.

Hobi and Jimin giggled while returning to their seats. "We're just playing. We're not really gonna do that. Besides, she knows us well enough to know we're joking anyway," they explained.

"Do you think the new noona will be here too?"

A mischievous smile formed on RM's face making his dimples apparent. "Ya, V! You're already excited to see our new personal assistant?" His eyebrows danced.

"Aniyo~!" V denied. "I didn't mean it like that."

"I don't think she will. Her orientation was over hours ago." Jimin replied. "She seemed nice today. Shin Juna-shi." Hobi, V and RM agreed since they were the only ones who made an effort to talk to her beyond their introductions.

The remaining three, who were the more shy of the seven, acknowledged in silence. Yoongi was especially quiet as he thought back to her nervous tick. It didn't seem necessary to tell the others what he'd observed earlier that day. After all, maybe his fellow members were able to make her feel more comfortable. They were good at that. He relaxed.

Just then, one of the staff popped their head in, "she's on her way in."

The boys got up quickly to join the rest of the staff, being careful to keep their voices down. Jimin and V went to fetch the cake with another staff member. The rest of the boys waited excitedly with everyone else. Jungkook felt a hand clap on his shoulder. He looked to find Yoongi.

"Try not to cry, Jungkookie," he said. "She'll be back."

"Who's crying?" JK asked defensively. "You're the one who can't stand doing your own laundry."

"It's not like the substitute can't manage it," Yoongi countered easily. "Besides, it's not that I can't do it or I think I'm too good to do it. Don't get the wrong idea. There's just not enough time in the day."

Jungkook looked at him surprised. "Hyung, I didn't know you were that fearless to let a young woman you don't know handle your underwear," he chuckled.

Yoongi stood in a bind, his mind now imagining the undesirable scenario. "Ahh," he sighed, feeling suddenly more tired than he did before. Eomeonim, come back soon, he fretted.

Jimin and V arrived and held the cake in the center of everyone. Anticipation grew as they heard a voice approaching. Manager Geum accompanied her as was planned. Their mother-like assistant finally turned the corner.

"SURPRISE!"

Myung Hee exclaimed with big eyes before laughing hysterically. Her face lit up bright as she saw everyone's bright smiles.

The Bangtan boys proceeded to sing their especially written song for her. Each added their own little dance as they circled around her. The display only made the middle aged woman's eyes begin to mist. When the song was over, the candles' light reflected off the pools in her eyes that she tried not to let drop.

"Honestly, you all are too much!" She said flustered.

"Waa!" Jin spoke up, "turns out my impromptu song was so touching, it brought tears to Eomeonim's eyes!"

Jimin looked at him in disbelief, "Your song?"

"Now then, Myung Hee ssi, please make a wish!" Yoongi cut in, bringing everyone back on track.

Myung Hee clapped her hands together, her eyes closed. After a few seconds she opened her eyes again and blew out the candles. A smile lingered on her face.

"What did you wish for?" V asked.

"I'm not telling. You'll just have to see it come true yourselves," she teased.

"Waa~, there's no one more confident than our Myung Hee ssi." Jin clapped.

"Really? Not even Mr. Worldwide Handsome?" She posed one of Jin's typical photo op poses.

Everyone 'ooh'd. "Eomeonim, you're not secretly leaving us to be a model, are you?"

Myung Hee waved away their compliments. "No way! Who's the real model here? Anyway, that's enough. Let's eat some cake, everyone!"

"Ne~!" Everyone agreed. Myung Hee insisted on cutting the pieces herself. Bangtan followed her example and helped serve the staff first. Jimin plated each one and passed them to the other members to distribute. Eventually everyone was taken care of and continued to talk among each other. Myung Hee watched the boys and staff enjoying each other's company. It was like a family gathering. Or at least what she assumed a family gathering would feel like, had she managed to raise a family right.

It was a relief that she found this company. A relief, she affirmed. I've been selfish keeping this to myself all this time. Juna...I hope this family offers you as much healing as it has offered me.