Chapter 7: Not Family

"Naruto?" The family asked. "NARUTO!" the girl yelled out. She ran to hug him and Naruto just patted her back. "Hello..." Naruto trailed off. "Mito!" She said. "Hi Mito," Naruto said. When Kushina and Minato tried to go and hug Naruto, his eyes flashed red. "You two aren't my parents. Our bonds died the day you left me alone," Naruto said. Minato and Kushina immediately both made one clone and did a tailed beast containment barrier. "Is this some pathetic attempt to keep me trapped?" Naruto asked. He closed his eyes for a little bit and opened his right eye. It became a special technique he called disguise. It looked like a barrier stopped working to all of them, but in reality, it didn't stop working. It tricked Minato and Kushina to jump back and release the seal. "Damn he's good. I felt the jutsu be released, so he didn't break it," Minato said. He threw a hiraishin kunai at Naruto, who deflected it with his own. Hiruzen decided to step in. "Enough!" He yelled. "But Naruto's going into his Kyuubi state!" Minato yelled. "Do I look like I'm going into the Kyuubi state, Namikaze?" Naruto asked. Minato flinched slightly at his tone. "U-um, no," He said feebly. Minato may have been powerful, but Kushina's glare alone sent enemies everywhere running for their lives. Minato saw a much more sinister promise. One of torture and death. 

"I'm sorry for causing a scene Hokage-sama. I believe I should take my leave," Naruto said, bowing on one knee, before vanishing in a shunshin, leaving no traces behind. "It appears Naruto grew stronger than Kakashi," Hiruzen said. "I don't believe he knows it yet, though," He muttered the last part quietly. 

Naruto opened the door to the house. He literally couldn't believe it. He got promoted to chunin and took a quick S rank mission in one day. "Hey, Anko-Sensei!" Naruto called. "Wow! Naruto! What's with the chunin vest?" Anko asked, leaving the kitchen. Surprisingly, Anko could cook tasty balanced diet-ramen. The two talked over ramen. When Naruto got to the part about his parents, she bit her lip with nervousness. She wanted to keep him with her but was afraid if he decided to go. "But then I was like "No. We lost our bonds as soon as you decided to ditch me." Pretty badass right!" Naruto asked in excitement. Anko nodded, all nervousness relieved. Naruto and Anko continued talking with each other over dinner about the events of the recent days. Naruto even told her about the "All-girls versus him" battle royale and how he won. Anko nodded. "You're doing good with what I taught you Gaki," Anko said proudly. "Um, Anko-Sensei, can I call you nee-chan?" Naruto asked. Anko let out a proud smile "Of course Otouto!" Anko said, ruffling Naruto's hair. "Also, I want to tell you a secret," Naruto said. Anko nodded and saw Naruto start meditating. She got flashbacks to how she first started training Naruto and how he unleashed all of his chakra. She noticed him look up and gasped. She had seen many amazing things, but what she found surprised her. Naruto had a special Sharingan that she had never seen and the rinnegan, a fabled power wielded by the Sage of Six Paths. "My Sharingan is called an eternal Mangekyou Sharingan. You get it by killing someone you love, but only the Mangekyou Sharingan.  You get the eternal version by taking it from a family member, but I put myself in a genjutsu where I killed you repeatedly, or I was forced to. Then I was able to get a Mangekyou but for some reason, it worked to get me an eternal version!" Naruto finished. "The rinnegan is an unknown before you ask," Naruto quickly said. He wasn't ready to reveal anything about himself yet. Naruto went to bed, trying to figure out how everything would work. Little did he know, he would get the biggest surprise of his life.