Catch someone's eye

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

❝ To get someone's attention ❞

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"So...."

I shouldn't have agreed to show up.

The awkwardness was eating me whole, as I looked at the girl in front of me a couple of times, smiling to not seem rude. I needed a bit... more time to process things, but I didn't want to make Yuzuha feel bad by turning her down.

She'd probably think it was her fault.

"Yeah." I said, rubbing my palms on my jeans.

"I'm sorry."

I should be the one apologising. I asked her to come, lied to her about it being Hina's birthday, and was basically the reason Mikey, Yuzuha, and her brother were all together in the first place.

"It's not your fault.... Don't worry about it."

I stirred the coffee with an occupied mind, my eyes fixated on the beverage while my ears alone processed her words.

"You seem upset. My brother, ah, he's a little.... he's a really nice person, Y/N. It was just- he's a little... protective? And I tried to stop him that day, I really did, but it just got out of hand and-"

"I know." I cut her off, "He looked like a sweet person, and I know it isn't anyone's fault. So you don't have to explain anything, really." I beamed at her, holding back my curiosity to know more about her relationship with the Black Dragons.

"I think we've never talked about ourselves much. It must've been a surprise for you to find out that I'm associated with a... gang. I like to think I'm not, but my brother— my older brother— is, and he's.. a beast, to put it somewhat nicely."

Well, I didn't even have to ask.

"Are you sure you want to talk about it? It's fine if you're uncomfortable-"

"No, no! Not at all. I'm happy to have someone listen to me. Been holding it in for too long." She laughed it off, trying to seem unaffected.

"Hmm.... what exactly does your brother do? In the gang, I mean."

"Oh, he's the leader."

I almost spit my coffee out, breaking into fits of coughs.

So if he made Black Dragons... does that make him the reason I lost.. dad?

"How... how long?" I managed to say, hoping I didn't sound absolutely petrified.

"Not much. 10th generation Black Dragons were formed quite a while later. I don't know much about their history, but I'm sure it hadn't been more than two years."

"Generation..?" I tilted my head to the side, confused by the complex words she was spitting out.

"Yeah, like... uh.. a gang dissolves, then somebody else brings it back and leads them?"

"Alright." I pretended to understand, nodding at her words.

All I wanted to know was whether or not her brother was affiliated with the Red Calamity, because I didn't think I'd be able to forgive someone who ruined whatever happy memories of childhood I had.

Just bodies.... bodies everywhere.

All of that because of some childish fight two 'gangs' had. The whole ordeal was traumatising.

"Were you okay back then? You looked a bit scared, more than surprised. I get it if you find gangs intimidating, because they pretty much are."

"Of course. Just had some bad memories, is all." I waved my hand dismissively, sipping the lukewarm coffee out of the cup.