Truly, it wasn't easy for them.

It's one thing for one to die a natural, timely death, and it's another to witness a beloved child's departure. That doesn't make it any easier, though.

“One thing I'll always admire Yomi for was his personality,” she continued, gathering more confidence in the process. “He was so real, so kind and adventurous. He wasn't bounded by society's rules—he was, in fact, free-spirited. He did whatever he wanted, however he wanted. He was a hardworking young man with big dreams, which have been unfortunately cut short, but his primary objective was to touch people's lives however he could, and I'm sure that he has impacted a lot of us here, because I am a beneficiary of his really, really good deeds. He was an amazing soul. A very amazing one.”

A few people wiped their tears with their handkerchiefs, nodding their heads to the validity of Idara's remark concerning Yomi. They found it relatable, having directly or indirectly benefited from Yomi's gracious deeds at one point in their lives.

“Now, I know that a lot of you might be thinking that he doesn't deserve all these accolades because of the crime he committed before he died.” Idara pointed out on seeing some unimpressed and doubtful faces from the audience. “But one thing you should know is that Yomi was only human like you and I. He wasn't perfect. Call him a murderer, a cold-hearted killer, a psychopath or whatever you desire, all that doesn't define him. It doesn't change the fact that he was just like every one of us here with flesh and blood, battling with our own personal demons, striving to live a morally upright life.”

There was a pregnant pause, but Idara broke it with, “And, look, don't get me wrong, I'm not justifying what he did. Not at all. All I'm saying is, before you judge him or anyone—in fact—put yourself in his or her shoes. See from their perspective first. You may think you know their story, but you don't, and you wouldn't, unless you take the time to know them well, to feel their pain, to embrace their misery.”

Another pause ensued immediately Idara spotted someone who suddenly appeared from behind a withered oak tree, and the microphone dropped from her hand in the process. Why? Because the person in question looked EXACTLY like Candice, so fear instantly engulfed her, causing her to retract a few steps on the podium.

Some people noticed Idara's horrified look and looked back, only to gasp in shock at the sight of Candice's haunting ghost. Or so they thought.

Most people even stood up with the intention to bail out of the ceremony immediately, but thankfully, the strange guest raised her hands and hollered, “Please stay calm, everyone! I am not Candice!”

Then who are you?’ was the question on everyone's mind, because even their voices were extremely similar, not to mention their striking walking steps which scared people even more.

There was no way this wasn't Candice's vengeful ghost! She had to be the one, definitely awakened from the dead to seek vengeance or wreck havoc on Yomi's funeral, because, of course, why else would she be here?

“Please, be calm!” The guest pleaded on. “I mean no harm!”

If looks could kill, the lady would've ended up in a coffin by now, because all eyes were on her, monitoring her actions.

“I am Lauretta, Candice's older sister.” She revealed, to everyone's surprise. “I was Yomi's friend and I'm just here to honour this ceremony. I'm sorry for disrupting it, though. It wasn't my intention.”

That explains everything!’ Most people, including Idara, thought. ‘But wait, if she's truly Candice's sister, what then is she doing in her sister's killer's funeral? Shouldn't she be mourning her sister and spiting the person behind her death? What exactly brings her here?’ They all wondered. ‘Or is she here to disrupt the funeral, even though she claims otherwise?