"She didn't come." He shrugged.

"Why not?"

"Couldn't find a date." He shrugged again.

"So she just didn't come?" I crossed my arms, "That's... unbelievable."

"Don't ask me, I don't understand what's going through her mind." He sighed.

"Well, her loss." I shrugged, I looked behind him to see Dean waving me over, two drinks in one of his hands. "I gotta go, I'll see you later."

He waved as I walked over to Dean.

"Who's that?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Oh, that's my friend Elijah. He's here with Lavender Brown so we hadn't had the chance to talk before." I explained as I took one of the drinks.

"Is he the one that's friend with the crazy girl?"

"Who Hera? She's not crazy." I thought for a second, "Well..."

"Eh," He shrugged, "She sure is obsessed with Harry. Following him around during quidditch practice and after classes."

I raised an eyebrow, "Huh, strange. I didn't know about that."

"Well, after you two got in an argument, I haven't seen her at all." He sipped his drink.

"Wow, well, my apologies. I never thought she would act like that."

"S'not your fault." He smiled, putting down his drink. "C'mon."

He pulled me back to the dance floor where The Weird Sisters' were now playing a slow song.

We danced back and forth. I put my hands on his neck, not stressed about having to waltz. I sighed and closed my eyes, feeling at peace for the first time in a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We danced to the third song, some of the last people on the dance floor. Lots of people had turned in, others were eating or sitting, and lots were snogging.

"Excuse me." I looked up to see Seamus Finnegan. "Can I borrow Dean for a minute."

"Of course, I'll be at the table."

Dean went with Seamus and I left the dance floor. Ron and Hermione had disappeared and Harry's date had left him so he was now sitting alone.

"Lonely?" I asked, sitting down next to him.

"Oh, hey." He smiled

"Where are your friends?" I cocked my head.

"Where are your's?"

"Yeah," I laughed, "Right."

"Hey, I'm sorry about her 'stalking' you." I rolled my eyes, "Dean told me about it, that's real twisted."

He shrugged, "It's not your fault, she's her own twisted person."

I laughed, nodding.